Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

Garza almost cost the Rangers their playoff spot last year. Jimenez would not have. Ubaldo was much better than Garza after the break last year. I never voted for Ubaldo. But I definitely did not want Garza.

Garza was so overrated on this board.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garza almost cost the Rangers their playoff spot last year. Jimenez would not have.

You're clinging to a pretty small sample size my friend. And how do you know how Jimenez would have faired as a Ranger? Jimenez was the best option the Orioles had left. I'm not arguing with that, because it's the reality of the situation. But the team played a role in painting themselves into this corner but waiting this long to make their "big move." Good things don't always come to those who wait. And all those walks (and how they'll translate at Camden Yards) scare me to death. I hope it works out, but you'll have to forgive me if I'm cautiously optimistic.

I love the upside of Ubaldo. He's got big game experience. He's been durable. He's a guy you can go to war with against the Yanks and RedSox and feel good he's going to pitch as well as their #1 or #2.

We need to be happy! Yes, happy! Other teams don't bat an eye at this contract. This is the piece we needed!! I'm super happy.

MORE THAN ANYTHING, it's about more than this season. I'm happy because of the message this sends to Chris Davis, to Matt Wieters, to Chris Tillman, and to MANNY MACHADO!!! We will extend you. We will try to build a contender. Adam Jones can not worry about whether he should have signed with us last year. You are our guys and we're going for it!! This is a huge move for the franchise. I'm very excited.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lots of fans livid that <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> won't spend $$. Now livid they gave Jimenez too much. I'm gonna eat dinner now.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WELL SAID ROCH

I am not livid, you gotta play to win and at least we are playing. Getting another bat I think comes quickly.

Breakdown by month in 2013:

March/April: 7.13 ERA, 1.333 WHIP

May: 4.23 ERA, 1.373 WHIP

June: 3.09 ERA, 1.625 WHIP

July: 2.83 ERA, 1.360 WHIP

August: 3.10 ERA, 1.379 WHIP

September: 1.09 ERA, 1.016 WHIP

That WHIP will look better with the Orioles' defense behind him. Like the SO numbers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lots of fans livid that <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> won't spend $$. Now livid they gave Jimenez too much. I'm gonna eat dinner now.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

WELL SAID ROCH

I just ate dinner too and I AM NOT LIVID heck Giddy maybe Livid HELL NO

We would give up our 2nd & 3rd round picks as well as the budgeted slot money that goes with each of them. Seattle & KC would receive a compensatory pick in between the 1st & 2nd round. Our prior picks simply disappear & the teams behind move forward.

Thanks man! How is that budgeted slot money predetermined for those picks?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lots of fans livid that <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> won't spend $$. Now livid they gave Jimenez too much. I'm gonna eat dinner now.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

WELL SAID ROCH

True for some, but I'd say most are thrilled with this deal.

I love the upside of Ubaldo. He's got big game experience. He's been durable. He's a guy you can go to war with against the Yanks and RedSox and feel good he's going to pitch as well as their #1 or #2.

We need to be happy! Yes, happy! Other teams don't bat an eye at this contract. This is the piece we needed!! I'm super happy.

MORE THAN ANYTHING, it's about more than this season. I'm happy because of the message this sends to Chris Davis, to Matt Wieters, to Chris Tillman, and to MANNY MACHADO!!! We will extend you. We will try to build a contender. Adam Jones can not worry about whether he should have signed with us last year. You are our guys and we're going for it!! This is a huge move for the franchise. I'm very excited.

Love this post! Come together Oriole fans! Love it!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can confirm 4 year deal w/ Jimenez is done, pending physical, per team source. 4th year was sticking point. Had int from other AL East teams</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

#Boston

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lots of fans livid that <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> won't spend $$. Now livid they gave Jimenez too much. I'm gonna eat dinner now.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

WELL SAID ROCH

What? Huh?

As an Oriole fan, I have no problem whatsoever with Peter opening his wallet.

Archived