Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully, for him, I hope he's a change of scenery guy. Because I can't see him breaking camp with the O's when they head north.

I can. I think we could see a pen look like this:

Hunter

O'Day

Webb

Matusz

Aceves

Britton

Johnson/Stinson/etc.

He may have Patton's suspension to prove he belongs.

Forgot about Yoon. He could take the long spot. Also, this assumes no injuries on the staff. If Britton pitches well, he'll have a spot.

I can. I think we could see a pen look like this:

Hunter

O'Day

Webb

Matusz

Aceves

Britton

Johnson/Stinson/etc.

He may have Patton's suspension to prove he belongs.

Forgot about Yoon. He could take the long spot. Also, this assumes no injuries on the staff. If Britton pitches well, he'll have a spot.

You don't think Yoon's visa stuff will get fixed in 6 weeks?

I have De La Cruz heading North with Britton heading out.

But he could land that temporary second lefty spot, I just wouldn't put money on it.

In 2011, he was worth 15 million according to Fangraphs (he had a very low FIP, almost the same as last year). Thats not a DFA candidate.

Did not catch this. Good find. Signing still makes me nervous. I really hope he's "figured it out" and doesn't walk too many...

You don't think Yoon's visa stuff will get fixed in 6 weeks?

I have De La Cruz heading North with Britton heading out.

But he could land that temporary second lefty spot, I just wouldn't put money on it.

It's up to Zach to prove he belongs. I think he can. Also, we may be able to sneak him through waivers at the end of spring, especially if he pitches poorly enough to not make the team.

I was at the game in Cleveland last year where he went 6 strong innings against the Os. I came away pretty impressed.

Below market value for a starting pitcher, we'll see how it turns out.

Yep I remember that same game and thinking man I would love to see him in and O's uni LOL I would

have a bet a large sum of $$$ against that ever happening so I completely forgot about it as a pipe

dream till tonight.

Yankees and Toronto had interest also. Atleast Ubaldo has the U"bal"dos to pitch in the AL East!

This is great for Bal-timore morale. And how do you spell morale? Add an "s". I wouldn't normally respond with such drivel but I have consumed an entire bottle of Chianti. I may open another.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ubaldo Jimenez agrees to a 4-year deal for $50M with orioles, according to sources.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived