Mets wanted Dylan Bundy for Daniel Murphy

ChaosLex

Dylan Bundy was the consensus number one pick in all of baseball. TJ surgery is successful the vast majority of the time. Daniel Murphy is nowhere near a "star player". This entire thread is tiresome. Nobody is trading Dylan Bundy for Daniel Murphy. Nobody, nohow, nowhere.

Delmon Young was also rated number one in baseball.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't fall into that category. Bundy is damaged goods. I wouldn't trade a star player for him if I were another team. If he comes back and is pitching like he did before then his value increases. Everyone on here seems to like our unproven prospects more than players on the team.

Your post illustrates that you do fall into that category. When has it ever been a good idea to sell-low? I like a good organization that leads to a good product on the field. Young cost-controlled talent is how you maintain that. Also, I think your argument's premise is based on some pre-conceived notions of homerism. My opinion would be consistent for any team.

Delmon Young was also rated number one in baseball.

That's a weebit of selection bias...

Regardless, he was traded for Matt Garza...his potential value was leveraged...

The failures of certain prospects to live up to expectations does not de-emphasize their value. Yes, prospects will bust, but they are still valuable assets that should be leveraged.

Your post illustrates that you do fall into that category. When has it ever been a good idea to sell-low? I like a good organization that leads to a good product on the field. Young cost-controlled talent is how you maintain that. Also, I think your argument's premise is based on some pre-conceived notions of homerism. My opinion would be consistent for any team.

No I don't. I never said I would trade Bundy for Murphy I said you have to give up quality prospects to get a quality player. And Bundy is not what he is before because of his injury and surgery. If you trade him now his value might actually be higher than later.. I am for taking the risk to see if he can recover and then develop into a quality starter. My whole argument was that it wasn't a preposterous trade request. The Braves offer for Adam jones was laughable.

And so was Ken Griffey Jr. There's no ending this thread when you only speak in ridiculously broad generalities!

So was Wieters. I wasn't the one who brought the consensus number one in baseball which I don't think was true before and he is much lower now.

Dylan Bundy was the consensus number one pick in all of baseball. TJ surgery is successful the vast majority of the time. Daniel Murphy is nowhere near a "star player". This entire thread is tiresome. Nobody is trading Dylan Bundy for Daniel Murphy. Nobody, nohow, nowhere.

Don't tell the Pirates, Mariners, and Diamondbacks, who all picked players ahead of Bundy...

I loved all of Cole, Rendon, Bundy and Starling, IIRC. I still feel like we missed a special one in Rendon. I sure hope Bundy is what we hope he is.

Yeah, it was really odd to see Hultzen and Bauer go 2/3 in THAT class. Were more 11-15 overall talents. I thought Archie Bradley was top five overall potential, as well. Starling is a tough nut, because he showed so much improvement in a short time that year leading up to the draft, then has gone backwards in the Royals system. I understand some concern with Rendon's injuries junior year, but yeah it's potentially a special bat.

Archived