Jim Palmer Memorable Quotes 2014

TonySoprano

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And of course he's right.

The fact is, both people who say it's early are right.... and so are those who say that things are looking grim.

Yes, the team is 5-7, which is a poor record. But there is plenty of time to turn things around. However, it is very disturbing not just that the team is losing, but the way that they are losing. They don't look like a winning ball club that just has hit a few bad games. They have looked bad even in some wins. And in some of the losses, they have looked downright ugly.

Even before the year began, I thought we were overrating ourselves. I was prepared for a win total in the mid to high 70s (my prediction was 79-83, probably optimistic). While I still think it's a little early to move that needle so to speak, I think we HAVE seen enough to say "rut roh".

The fact is, both people who say it's early are right.... and so are those who say that things are looking grim.

Yes, the team is 5-7, which is a poor record. But there is plenty of time to turn things around. However, it is very disturbing not just that the team is losing, but the way that they are losing. They don't look like a winning ball club that just has hit a few bad games. They have looked bad even in some wins. And in some of the losses, they have looked downright ugly.

Even before the year began, I thought we were overrating ourselves. I was prepared for a win total in the mid to high 70s (my prediction was 79-83, probably optimistic). While I still think it's a little early to move that needle so to speak, I think we HAVE seen enough to say "rut roh".

I'm not worried. I think we will win more than 70 couple games.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if there already is a thread this season, but I didn't see a 2014 version in a forum search.

I saw in Spring Training that you can actually propose on diamondvision. I think it's $2500 at Dodger Stadium, and, you know, $22.95 in Cleveland.

Nice exchange between Palmer and Jim Hunter today.

HUNTER: "Don't pitchers say that there will be 5 games a season where you have everything working, 5 games where you have nothing working..."

PALMER: "No. Maybe other pitchers say that."

HUNTER: "Don't pitchers say that there will be 5 games a season where you have everything working, 5 games where you have nothing working..."

HA HA HA HA HA! Classic Palmer. I love the fact that he knows that he's got a huge ego, and is willing to poke fun at himself about it.

See? This is why I hate Hunter and Palmer! Not that I disagree or even blame Palmer for the hate. He's earned it! I just hate the awkward moments it makes on the broadcast. I HATE that silent moment, that awkward silence.

I don't want angst. I want fun and frivolity! And Jim's opinions.

See? This is why I hate Hunter and Palmer! Not that I disagree or even blame Palmer for the hate. He's earned it! I just hate the awkward moments it makes on the broadcast. I HATE that silent moment, that awkward silence.

I don't want angst. I want fun and frivolity! And Jim's opinions.

Then get rid of Hunter. Please!!!

Archived