Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

This was going to be a tough series no matter what. DC can pitch like no one else, the key is keeping their offense in check. Tillman did, Norris did not.

I would like to see the Orioles win tonight, but let us not forget that DC is a very very good team and I don't think we match up particularly well against them.

If only the O's carried a right handed bat on the bench...

Like Young? Or Pearce? Hey, what about Hundley? (you didn't say the bat had to be good).

Regardless, I hope the woe-is-Nolan commentary doesn't peter out when he's hitting .230 and/or injured by the middle of August.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I don’t think he can be counted on for that. If you can get him cheap fine but his career WAR is 3.5 and he has 3.7 this year. Plus he’s 33 innings short of his career high …did 120-130 range twice. How could that be your acquisition that can be counted on when he could quite possibly run out of gas? Or get to a team where performance matters and feel the pressure versus pitching for the White Sox…A horrid team that everyone knew was going to suck.
    • Yea but how are you defining that?  Is Fedde a #3 or better, for example?
    • With all due respect … I think you are counting on Mayo to come up and immediately perform. I don’t think it’s realistic… possible yes. But, most guys have an adjustment. If it’s one thing we’ve seen from Hyde is the reluctance to give regular time to the rookies. Didn’t see it with Stowers, Norby, etc. They did  give it to Holliday but I think there was pressure being put on him to do so.  You think he would replace Urias who doesn’t play everyday with Mayo and sit the other guys to play him every day which is what a player needs during that adjustment period? 
    • Roch retweeted this. Lots of fans are speculating that it means Watkins is coming back to the Os. It makes some sense as we need fresh arms.  His numbers aren’t great this year but not sure that is going to matter.
    • At some point …just not now. Holliday clearly needs more time. I think Mullins goes with his expiring contract. Bradfield has a a .726 OPS at A ball but doesn’t appear to me that he’s going to hit for power. That said I’d expect he’s going to head to AA soon. So perhaps AAA next season and the Os likely in 26. He has 39 stolen bases in 52 games. If he can take over the lead off role Gunnar can slot in the 3 hole.
    • I think to expect Elias to purge the roster of Urias, Mateo, Mountcastle etc is wishful thinking. I think he will roll with the guys here. 
    • If we put Mounty on the IL he’d be back next Weds, and he’d only miss one start versus a LH SP in Oakland. It might be a good chance to take a look at Mayo.  It would probably be better to start LH Kjerstad and O’Hearn against the Seattle SP and roll with Mayo at 3B and Westburg at 2B. That would be our best LH offensive lineup.  For the Seattle series 1. Gunnar SS L 2. Adley C S 3. Santa RF S 4. O’Hearn 1B L 5. Kjerstad DH L 6. Westburg 2B R 7. Cowser RF L 8. Mayo 3B R 9. Mullins CF L  
  • Popular Contributors