Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

White Sox pulled an Oriole.

ChiSox had bases loaded, none out in the 10th and soiled the bed. Pop up, strikeout, strikeout. Ouch.

Aaaaaand the BoSox score in the bottom of the 10th to win. That could definitely qualify as an Uplifting Victory, unfortunately.

Edited by BMann

You just can't resist taking digs at the Orioles, can you? Whether it be conveniently showing up in the game thread 2 days ago while Mychael Givens was having his worst outing of the season, or doing it through the failures of another team (in this case, the White Sox.)

Just 2 days ago, the Red Sox had the bases loaded with nobody out, and failed to score. They eventually lost the game in extra innings.

If the Orioles are as inept as you portray them to be, then by your standards, all of the teams in the A.L. East that are behind them are laughable

I guess I'll shred up my 2 seat 29 game plan that I've had since 2008 because someone on OH can't take a subtle dig referencing a post most recently made (in which I defended the O's) regarding the O's in similar situations as of late.

Do you want to keep going on meaningless diatribes or is better if you just ignore me?

I don't think you're overly sensitive. You've been pretty thick skinned. And while I'm certainly no Duquette fan, even I applaud he's made a winning MLB product for 4+ year so. I know I poke at him fairly often, but generally it's much easier to criticize than applaud on forums because it's an easy way to vent. I guess with me I'm still holding out hope for that home grown starting rotation that we've been supposed to have for nearly 2 decades.

o

The White Sox just took 3 out of 4 games from the Red Sox at Fenway Park.

They blew a great chance to sweep all 4 games, but **** happens over the course of the marathon baseball season.

Now, we need them to roll over the Blue Jays over the next 3 days at Comiskey Park II in the Great Midwest.

I don't think you're overly sensitive. You've been pretty thick skinned. And while I'm certainly no Duquette fan, even I applaud he's made a winning MLB product for 4+ year so. I know I poke at him fairly often, but generally it's much easier to criticize than applaud on forums because it's an easy way to vent. I guess with me I'm still holding out hope for that home grown starting rotation that we've been supposed to have for nearly 2 decades.

It amazes me how quickly people seem to forget the 14 years of losing baseball we suffered through here. I don't understand how people can ignore the results (one of the best records in baseball since 2012) when they criticize his decisions. Sure he's made some bad moves (Ubaldo, Arrieta, etc) but winning is winning and DD is clearly a winner.

It amazes me how quickly people seem to forget the 14 years of losing baseball we suffered through here. I don't understand how people can ignore the results (one of the best records in baseball since 2012) when they criticize his decisions. Sure he's made some bad moves (Ubaldo, Arrieta, etc) but winning is winning and DD is clearly a winner.

I agree.

Hell, if he far from perfect, and he doesn't walk on water.

I believe Andy deserves a ton of credit for what he did, and DD deserves a ton of credit for his impact on this team.

Bottom line, they are playing winning baseball and lets thank the baseball gods for sure.

My thing is always looking towards the future...partially because I'm a season ticket holder and partially because I want my son to have a winning club. I'm downright envious of organizations like the Cardinals, Athletics and Rays that seemingly are either always competitive or the cusp of being competitive all the while having a great pipeline of young pitching talent. And 2 of those teams are doing it with significantly less money than the Orioles.

I get Duquette is worried about the now. He's been clear as day in his interviews with it. But 2018 and beyond is looking very dire for this club.

Believe you, me...I haven't forgotten the 14 years of losing. I was a season ticket holder for a part of it (4 years of it). And I was incredibly critical then. It's just part of who I am...and part of others on this forum. We can be critical of a club and still appreciate the W-L record.

My thing is always looking towards the future...partially because I'm a season ticket holder and partially because I want my son to have a winning club. I'm downright envious of organizations like the Cardinals, Athletics and Rays that seemingly are either always competitive or the cusp of being competitive all the while having a great pipeline of young pitching talent. And 2 of those teams are doing it with significantly less money than the Orioles.

I get Duquette is worried about the now. He's been clear as day in his interviews with it. But 2018 and beyond is looking very dire for this club.

Believe you, me...I haven't forgotten the 14 years of losing. I was a season ticket holder for a part of it (4 years of it). And I was incredibly critical then. It's just part of who I am...and part of others on this forum. We can be critical of a club and still appreciate the W-L record.

And 2 of those teams are in last place right now.

Total body of work. You're focusing on the wrong thing. FWIW, I would have been perfectly fine w/ Duquette punting the season and not giving up Davies last season. :shrug:

I would not have. And the Rays and As are not recently competitive teams. They have a very poor business model.