vs. TIGERS, 4/06

OFFNY

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1-5 would be a pretty big hole to try and dig out of, guys. I think we only had a couple 5 game win streaks last year. This team doesn't put together winning streaks with the streaky hitters/pitchers we have.

I think anyone who isn't worried at this point is seriously kidding themselves. With most teams, I'd buy "it's early". With this team? Not so much.

I've already had that same thought re: early deficit versus recent capability of winning streaks. Starting on the wrong foot can have far-reaching consequences, indeed, and can't be overlooked, but I'm hoping they can shake this out. I'd be pleased (in the context of currently being 1-4) if they could come out of New York 4-5.

1-5 would be a pretty big hole to try and dig out of, guys. I think we only had a couple 5 game win streaks last year. This team doesn't put together winning streaks with the streaky hitters/pitchers we have.

I think anyone who isn't worried at this point is seriously kidding themselves. With most teams, I'd buy "it's early". With this team? Not so much.

Don't need to win 5 in a row to go on an 8-2 run.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• We will be good next year too.
    • Only browser I use on all my devices. I Pad\Phone, android tablet and lap top. Works great. Don't tell anyone else.  Don't want to overwork a good thing.  😄
    • I'm not talking about writing them off. But I am certainly not for believing that any of those three is going to be a number 2 or 3 starter and pitch us through multiple rounds and on to the World Series. That would be sort of the definition of "magical thinking". Bradish, before he got hurt was able to go pitch for pitch against Suarez and keep their offense in check. I think it would be foolish to expect that kind of performance on the biggest stage (October baseball) of Kremer, Irvin, Povich, or Suarez. None of them COMBINED have ever been anything like that before. That doesn't mean that they can't help the team, but not as a credible/suitable replacement for Bradish.
    • I have seen nothing from Mike Elias in the last half decade that makes me think he would make a significant trade of his cherished prospect capital within the division.  And Luzardo has "Erik Bedard" written all over him, IMO. This year's SP trade market kind of sucks.
    • Shame. Losing him will stink. 
    • I agree with the underlined. But there is a visible/palpable difference in the talent of the two team's bullpens. It goes beyond Hoffman and Strahm IMO. Just look at who the two teams turned to after the rain delay (in the 11th). Of course, Webb has a much better ERA currently, but who is the much better pitcher? For me it is talent (top end) that wins in the postseason and depth that wins in the regular season. We have more depth than anyone. But right now what we lack is top end talent in our bullpen. We have to accept/face the truth that the Yankees and Phillies are better at the back end right now. But that's okay because it's still early June and we have time to catch up. But you have to acknowledge a problem before you can address it, not pretend like it doesn't exists. 
    • It didn’t seem like he had inside information. It seemed equivalent to posters on this board talking like they know Bradish is seriously hurt. When a pitcher with a recently rehabbed UCL strain leaves a game early with elbow discomfort, it’s not a good sign. However, I think Hays comments simply reflect that reality and don’t imply incremental bad news beyond the facts already known.
  • Popular Contributors