vs. TIGERS, 4/06

OFFNY

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team just drives me crazy. Taking 3 strikes in a row for three hitters would at least cost Verlander 9 pitches.

But Cruz and Lombardozzi clearly got balls they thought they could do something with and it looks like they got close to doing just that. Not going to be upset by well-hit balls. Even if the hitter didn't work the count. Can't wait forever. I seriously doubt anyone would be happy if our guys just took 3 pitch Ks...

And regarding that play... WOW.

This is what sucks about being the opening day starter. You draw aces for like the entire first month.

This really isn't true. Pitching rotations get mixed up pretty quickly because teams have different off days, rainouts, etc. Just look at the pitching matchups around the majors today -- some teams have their aces, some have their No. 5 starters, some have their No. 2 starters, etc.

Last year, Hammel started on Opening Day against David Price....and then in his next two starts, he faced someone named Pedro Hernandez and then Phil Hughes.

But Cruz and Lombardozzi clearly got balls they thought they could do something with and it looks like they got close to doing just that. Not going to be upset by well-hit balls. Even if the hitter didn't work the count. Can't wait forever. I seriously doubt anyone would be happy if our guys just took 3 pitch Ks...

And regarding that play... WOW.

I really agree with you. You have to attempt to do something with a pitch that you can handle.

Another young arm down, Taillon getting TJ.

They need to look into the way these kids are being used in High School. Nephew threw 115 pitches in a game last year, then was used the next day in relief for 2 innings. They have them throwing 5 or 6 types of pitches.

Archived