vs. Royals 4/27

weams

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1-0 On Jones

2-0 On Gonzo couldn't put the hitter away 0-2 and that guy scored

4-0 On Gonzo too Nick not use to playing First base that kinda play will happen. Infante got a meatball and rocked it.

None of that takes away from the fact that was the defense was bad in two diffent innings today while Gonzalez was on the mound, and cost him extra outs, and subsequently, extra runs.

Unless you are a malcontent that is just looking for a reason to bust Gonzalez' balls.

Besides ...... about 10 posts ago, and about 20 minutes ago, didn't you say that you were leaving, that you had better things to do with your afternoon than to watch this ???

See ya not wasting rest of this afternoon this one is over.

Yeah, that was almost half an hour ago, and about 6 or 7 pages ago, but you are still here, pissing, moaning, and pointing out how right you are, and about how painful it is for you to watch this team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Since beginning of <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a>' series in Boston, Cruz has driven in 18 of their 51 runs, accounting for 35% of the team's offense in that span</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">April 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I want to say, I thought the single he pulled on a good FB in on his hands was as impressive as the long homer he hit on a center cut FB.  Getting to those pitches in on the hands is tough.   Like I said though, I’d like to see more progress on change-ups and breaking stuff.    
    • I can appreciate where you are coming from. But the playoffs are more than luck. It’s about top talent performing against other teams top end talent. The Astros didn’t do all that winning because of luck (cheating aside lol). The Yankees teams of the mid to late 90’s were more than lucky.  We have the kind of talent (both on the field and in the front office) and we took the extreme tanking step in order to amass dynasty/multi-championship level run. Just simply making the playoffs and getting eliminated early, while you continue to be cheap and overly cautious (if that is what was to happen) will get old after awhile. There is a reason that the Rays and Guardians don’t have a significant fanbase/marketplace engagement for a reason (beyond being a small market). STL is a small market and the Padres were until recently, when their ownership changed and decided to spend to engage the marketplace and grow fan interest.
    • Did I hear Kevin Brown correctly today - did he say the average attendance across all games in the league yesterday (06/15) was north of 39K?  That is impressive,  if true. 
    • Another nice start, hope everything is good with the Burnes family.
    • How many pitchers do you think will be available that are also worth having?  How many other teams will also be after them?  There will be serious competition for the handful of players the Orioles have any use for and there's no indication that there's anything like a buyer's market out there. While it's technically true that Elias doesn't have to do anything, should the team continue to play at the current level and he decides to do nothing so he can continue to hug prospects, then I wouldn't want to be him if the O's get booted from the postseason as ingloriously as they were last season.  None of this means Elias has to make a dumb deal, but let's not pretend he's automatically in the driver's seat.
    • I don’t think anyone hates Cowser. Or dislikes him.    Criticism and pointing out flaws in someone’s game aren’t negatives. For me, Cowser has been one of the pleasant surprises of this year, but he does have his warts. He strikes out a lot and he looks prone to being in nasty slumps.    That doesn’t mean I hate the guy or I’m negative about him, but some struggle with nuance.    You can see where he can become a very good hitter and his defense is excellent. 
    • I'm guessing that would be Luis Robert Jr.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now