Johan Santana topping out at 87mph in simulated game

xian4

Buck made the comment that he sees him as a starter. I don't see any of our guys right now who really need to be replaced. If anything, my thought was that he goes into the BP so we can jettison TJ and IF someone falters he steps in. However, then you are possibly looking at getting him stretched out all over again.

Maybe spot starts in place of Chen and Gonzo, a kind of makeshift six man rotation. He works in alternating weeks for whomever needs a rest.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck made the comment that he sees him as a starter. I don't see any of our guys right now who really need to be replaced. If anything, my thought was that he goes into the BP so we can jettison TJ and IF someone falters he steps in. However, then you are possibly looking at getting him stretched out all over again.

Maybe spot starts in place of Chen and Gonzo, a kind of makeshift six man rotation. He works in alternating weeks for whomever needs a rest.

Not sure who Johan would replace in the rotation either. Each guy has had some good and bad starts but I am not sure there is one guy you look at and its obvious that is who he should replace.

If I were DD I would take Gonzo, Chen and Norris and see what I can get for one of them first. Chen is my first choice to go. A left handed bat would be great. Preferably one who can play LF or 2B. My thinking is that even if Johan falters and washes out you have KG waiting in the wings.

Not sure who Johan would replace in the rotation either. Each guy has had some good and bad starts but I am not sure there is one guy you look at and its obvious that is who he should replace.

If I were DD I would take Gonzo, Chen and Norris and see what I can get for one of them first. Chen is my first choice to go. A left handed bat would be great. Preferably one who can play LF or 2B. My thinking is that even if Johan falters and washes out you have KG waiting in the wings.

Maybe, but then in that scenario we have no LHP. Like weams has said, I think you almost have to have at least one LHP in the rotation.

Chen pitched well yesterday and I liked the fire he showed when Buck took him out.

Chen is 6-2, but he's been extremely lucky and has among the highest batting averages given up in baseball this year. He's the weakest link, imo.

Granted, but he's been nowhere near as erratic as Jimenez or Tillman for that matter. And I like me some Tillman.

Granted, but he's been nowhere near as erratic as Jimenez or Tillman for that matter. And I like me some Tillman.

True - and Chen's walk rate has been excellent. I can't argue - consistency is a major plus compared to the others.

Just a heads up, I haven't seen it posted yet, but Santana was not in Sarasota today for his rehab start. No one I talked too knew if he was still with the O's or not. They just said they were still working on an agreement

It would be dumb if either side parted ways at this point. I hope it gets worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up, I haven't seen it posted yet, but Santana was not in Sarasota today for his rehab start. No one I talked too knew if he was still with the O's or not. They just said they were still working on an agreement

Thank you.

Archived