Is Gausman Thursday's starter? (Officially Wednesday)

wildcard

Even with the added leverage of being a sophomore it would not have been smart to subject his arm to that meat grinder for another year.

That's why Hunter Harvey is the greatest as well.

Tillman> Gausman> Harvey

For now.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems Taylor North has been cheering on Kevin Gausman for quite some time now. The couple likely met while attending LSU. But, it didn’t take Kevin Gausman long to realize he had more than a pretty brunette on his hands: Taylor North is a visionary entrepreneur. At the young age of 14, Taylor North started her own business teaching young girls to tumble. By the time she was 17, Taylor North was raking in the big bucks and her clientele had grown from 4 girls to 30. But Taylor North didn’t have her own gym to teach out of. So what did this wise business woman do? She saved chunks of the money she made and used it to reinvest in her cheer business. A few years later, Lake Charles Sheer and Tumbling opened in Lake Charles Louisiana. Apparently, business is booming and staff has been increased to include Taylor North’s sister, Madison North.

With this business savvy cheerleader his side, Kevin Gausman is bound to succeed this season. But, if all else fails, Kevin Gausman can always rely on Taylor North to find them a new investment.

http://www.playerwives.com/mlb/baltimore-orioles/kevin-gausmans-girlfriend-taylor-north/#sthash.T6HW1GQz.dpuf

Ultimately I have no issue with KG being inserted into the rotation. His ERA at AAA is good. His WHIP and BB could be better but have improved progressively. He has the potential to be the best pitcher on this staff come October. I love Gonzo and Chen but from a talent perspective KG is light years ahead of them. The only part that concerns me is the pitching on short rest...not sure about that part.

If KG is to stay with the club, I would much prefer to trade the person whose spot he takes. SP tends to get you more value than BP arms (not always but generally true). If the team were healthy then I would be all for keeping the odd man out in the pen. Considering we have health issues that have created needs I am not so sure we can afford that luxury.

I can't see the O's trading a starter. The Red Sox had 6 last year and won it all. There is always an injury that comes up. Put someone in the pen until needed. I can see the O's trading a reliever. I think the reports about shopping Patton are probably true.

I can't see the O's trading a starter. The Red Sox had 6 last year and won it all. There is always an injury that comes up. Put someone in the pen until needed. I can see the O's trading a reliever. I think the reports about shopping Patton are probably true.

Absolutely. You can never blah blah...

Gonzalez is not a league average pitcher over the last two years. He got a mid three era over 43 starts.

Chen is a 4.07 starter over the last three seasons and is averaging over 6 innings. He's the 3-4 starter on most teams.

Bud Norris has been pitching really well ( I assume your lumping Norris in ?) lately ...it's Bucks fault he gave up the 2 runs late last night.

The Orioles would be stupid to rush Gausman when the SP is not the problem. The team has scored 3 runs or less in the majority of its games and it's surprising they have a winning record with that stat much less 1st place in the division

I usually dont agree with the notion that is the manager's fault said pitcher gives up x amount of runs. This time I do however, agree that Buck should not have let Norris come out for the 8th inning. Then again I think Young should have bunted that damn ball as well to move the runner to third.

Archived