Is Gausman Thursday's starter? (Officially Wednesday)

wildcard

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also worth noting, Gausman pitched well against DET last year. It was one of the few good starts that he made. 6 innings, 1 ER, for a no decision. The only run he allowed came on a HR by Prince Fielder who is now in Texas. Cabrera was 0 for 3 with 2 GIDPs and a K against KG in that game.

Also worth noting, Gausman pitched well against DET last year. It was one of the few good starts that he made. 6 innings, 1 ER, for a no decision. The only run he allowed came on a HR by Prince Fielder who is now in Texas. Cabrera was 0 for 3 with 2 GIDPs and a K against KG in that game.

I think that is precisely why the move was made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have more than just SP as a tradeable commodity. I think we have depth with our relief pitching and of course our LF/DH types.

True.

I do think that in terms of what your gonna get back in quality 4/5 SP of half decent quality like Gonzo, Chen or Norris is going to bring you back a little bit more than a BP arm or the LF/DH guys we would be willing to move. If the idea is to get an impact/solid player then I think your gonna get your most bang for your buck moving one of Chen, Norris, or Gonzalez

Gausman on three days rest? Right after pneumonia? He hasn't thrown even 80 pitches in a start yet? The orioles handling of Gausman has been somewhere between idiotic and reckless.

He missed one start due to the pneumonia and tossed 4 and 2/3 shutout innings on Saturday. I don't agree that they have handled him, "somewhere between idiotic and reckless" but I due think they have handled him peculiarly since he's signed. Due to his strict pitch limit, he's only pitched five innings once this season so far so I imagine they are looking for a solid five innings of work from him. Of course, the way the Orioles starters have pitched this season, that's right on par.

He's pitched very well of late giving up only nine hits and six walks with 15 K's over his last 14 1/3 innings covering his last three starts. As most of determined, this is most likely just to give Chen a more favorable matchup. I guess since he's only going 75-pitches pitching on three days rest should not be that big of a deal, but it does seem strange that they are throwing him off schedule.

Hopefully Gausman can give the team five solid innings and go back down and get stretched out a bit so we can actually see if he's ready to be a starter at the big league level.

Wednesday Day, Short Rest. Intrigue?

Unless its the classic misdirection lol ....

Close to trading someone else whose spot KG will take in the rotation

Having a hard time seeing how starting your best pitching prospect on short rest simply to get Chen a matchup vrs KC makes sense. If your that intent on getting Chen paired up with KC why not just start someone who is rested or less valuable to the teams future.

Gotta be more going on than meets the eye

I'm waiting to find out what the corresponding move is before giving my opinion about this. I would have preferred to keep Gausman in the minors if everyone in our rotation is healthy. But if someone isn't healthy, that's another story.

Wednesday Day, Short Rest. Intrigue?

A MASN poster said

Very Very good chance that Chen was moved back for no reason other than getting him to KC and not having him face the Tigers right hand heavy line up. Gonzo is a real possibility to be going somewhere but I'm thinking the bullpen as the right handed long man

He missed one start due to the pneumonia and tossed 4 and 2/3 shutout innings on Saturday. I don't agree that they have handled him, "somewhere between idiotic and reckless" but I due think they have handled him peculiarly since he's signed. Due to his strict pitch limit, he's only pitched five innings once this season so far so I imagine they are looking for a solid five innings of work from him. Of course, the way the Orioles starters have pitched this season, that's right on par.

He's pitched very well of late giving up only nine hits and six walks with 15 K's over his last 14 1/3 innings covering his last three starts. As most of determined, this is most likely just to give Chen a more favorable matchup. I guess since he's only going 75-pitches pitching on three days rest should not be that big of a deal, but it does seem strange that they are throwing him off schedule.

Hopefully Gausman can give the team five solid innings and go back down and get stretched out a bit so we can actually see if he's ready to be a starter at the big league level.

I think we are seeing the Jonathan Schoop model with Gausman. Promote him, if he does well he stays. The O's will probably develop Kevin at the major league level. Why? Because he is better than most of the other pitchers the O's have.

I guess he could pitch poorly and then maybe they send him to the minors. But I think this is a chance for Kevin to stay in the majors. Either in the rotation or the pen. I wish him well.

I think we are seeing the Jonathan Schoop model with Gausman. Promote him, if he does well he stays. The O's will probably develop Kevin at the major league level. Why? Because he is better than most of the other pitchers the O's have.

I guess he could pitch poorly and then maybe they send him to the minors. Bit I think this is a chance for Kevin to stay in the majors. Either in the rotation or the pen. I wish him well.

Talk about being thrown into the fire.. vs. arguably the best team in baseball with the strongest offense. Not to mention on only 3 days rest, coming off being sick. I guess lets see what the kid has..

Archived