Nick Hundley for Troy Patton

eddie83

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a good move, for Caleb's sake I was hoping he could last a bit longer. MLB players need 43 days in the bigs to qualify for the lifetime pension plan.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-nhl-nba-mlb-retirement-pension-plans-lockout-2011-1

Do September callup time in the majors count towards that 43 days? If so, a Sept 1 callup and being on the roster the rest of the year would just be enough to get Joseph in.

Good trade for both teams. We give up our 3rd lefty in the pen for the Padres 3rd catcher. A Hundley/Clevenger platoon should at least be league average with some potential. I'm pretty sure we're waiting for a few wins in a row to announce that MW is out for the year. Slip in the bad news while people are happy.

Good trade for both teams. We give up our 3rd lefty in the pen for the Padres 3rd catcher. A Hundley/Clevenger platoon should at least be league average with some potential. I'm pretty sure we're waiting for a few wins in a row to announce that MW is out for the year. Slip in the bad news while people are happy.

They are not going to cut him until the July first deadline. They won't announce anything about cutting him until June 30th.

Love this move, Patton was not only redundant, he also isn't very good anymore.

We lose a weakness in the bullpen and gain at a position of weakness behind the plate.

Win win for me. Duquette continues to get it down with big time "under the radar" type moves. Now if we can just get Johan healthy and productive, we really might be in business.

Do September callup time in the majors count towards that 43 days? If so, a Sept 1 callup and being on the roster the rest of the year would just be enough to get Joseph in.

I don't know, just for my own curiosity I'd love to have some clarification. Not sure if right now he only stands at 7 games since that's the amount he's played in or not? For a fringe level guy like Caleb, there aren't any guarantees…it took him 6 years to get to Baltimore. But getting 43 days in and knowing that means $34,000 annually after your days of playing are over that'd be pretty sweet. He's already going to get free healthcare for life.

I guess this ends CJ's cup of coffee.

I think Zack Britton and Miguel Gonzales would hit or a better average then Caleb Joseph. I have seen few Orioles ever look as lost as he does hitting major league pitching. Maybe that Japanese first baseman they had two years ago. He was also terrible.

I think Zack Britton and Miguel Gonzales would hit or a better average then Caleb Joseph. I have seen few Orioles ever look as lost as he does hitting major league pitching. Maybe that Japanese first baseman they had two years ago. He was also terrible.

Travis Ishikawa? Was that the guy?

Archived