Nick Hundley for Troy Patton

eddie83

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are some great names there.

Yes, there are! Just for the record, I shd have said "for Andy Etchebarren's eventual back-up Vic Roznovsky," since Andy didn't become the O's starting C until 1966 (although I do remember watching on TV his inside-the-park homer during his first start in '65, during the September call-ups). In 1965, Dick Brown and Johnny Orsino were still doing most of the catching.

Roch Kubatko

Bench coach John Russell works with the catchers. Here's his take on Hundley:

"Good. He's got a good idea of what he's doing. It's tough coming in the first couple months of the season - a new staff, a new system and trying to get to know everybody, get to know the starters. I thought he's handled it pretty well.

"He's got a good mind. He's caught for a while now, so he has a good baseball mind and catcher's mind of how to work through a game. Now, it's just continuing to learn our pitchers, what their strengths are, their weaknesses, what they need to work on and what's going to be helpful for him to help them. So far, he's done a nice job. After he's here for a little while, it'll be even easier for him because he'll know the guys better."

Whatever - but as soon as CoC starting spreading the rumours of Troy's sinful past, he dropped off Buck's radar....oh yeah - IMO ;)

He wasn't really sinful. Everybody makes their mistake. Troy just made a few of the,

Archived