Nick Hundley for Troy Patton

eddie83

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't think Buck will remember that passed ball? Hundley has a lot of them. The cameras were on Buck and he seemed none to pleased.

Would you have this same opinion if you hadn't decided weeks ago that Clevenger was a far better option and that Buck was mistaken (to put it mildly) to pick Hundley over Clevenger?

You don't think Buck will remember that passed ball? Hundley has a lot of them. The cameras were on Buck and he seemed none to pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course Buck is not going to be happy with a pass ball, or anything other misfortune that happens in the game of baseball. More than once MASN has show Buck upset over the years.

But to play that until the guy isn't going to play again this week, is just wrong on so many counts.

How about we see next week what actually does happen.

Would you have this same opinion if you hadn't decided weeks ago that Clevenger was a far better option and that Buck was mistaken (to put it mildly) to pick Hundley over Clevenger?

My issue was Joseph over Clevenger to be clear.

I think Hundley and Clevenger should be here.

My mistake. I think it's unlikely Buck will bury Hundley on the bench for a passed ball.

You haven't noticed his lack of playing time since his initial looksee? You don't think that has to do with the errors/passed balls?

I love Buck but his fascination with no hit catchers borders on morbidly bizarre. Joseph isn't even batting .150!

I am sure he calls a great game and all...but...can Clevenger really be that bad?

You haven't noticed his lack of playing time since his initial looksee? You don't think that has to do with the errors/passed balls?

I love Buck but his fascination with no hit catchers borders on morbidly bizarre. Joseph isn't even batting .150!

I am sure he calls a great game and all...but...can Clevenger really be that bad?

If you have trouble throwing to third and keeping runners from advancing, then the answer is yes.

After the JR House experience (he really was a catcher with the ability to OPS .800+) I learned that MLB decision-makers really do think that some catchers are so bad with the game-calling, framing, etc that they will be a net negative even with a very good bat.

After the JR House experience (he really was a catcher with the ability to OPS .800+) I learned that MLB decision-makers really do think that some catchers are so bad with the game-calling, framing, etc that they will be a net negative even with a very good bat.

I don't disagree with your analysis but Clevenger is no JR House...

Archived