Nick Hundley for Troy Patton

eddie83

?Of all the guys that come through that you touch as players, there?s a few guys that you jot down as future staff guys. Managers, coaches, instructors, announcers, whatever,? says current Padres manager Bud Black. ?Nick tracks toward the field as a future manager or coach.?

~mlbtraderumors

I'd rather have Joseph. Does Nick sleep in the lockeroom?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
?Of all the guys that come through that you touch as players, there?s a few guys that you jot down as future staff guys. Managers, coaches, instructors, announcers, whatever,? says current Padres manager Bud Black. ?Nick tracks toward the field as a future manager or coach.?

~mlbtraderumors

As encouraging as that is, managers don't say this about players that productive on the field even if that might be the case. These type of comments are reserved for "well at least he's got a great mind/presence contribution."

I don't think this really says anything about Wieters. I think it means this team can't afford to have a guy in the lineup that is struggling to hit over .050. Heck, we could probably let Britton do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't the team looking for a backup catcher in ST? I would agree, this doesn't necessarily say anything about wieters. Has far more to do with clevenger/Joseph. I would assume Joseph goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather have Joseph. Does Nick sleep in the lockeroom?

I was glad to see Joseph throw David Murphy out by a country mile yesterday. He's now thrown out 4 of 10 (SSS, of course, but the league average is only 27%). He also drew a walk, which lifts his OBP to .154 (.043 BA) and closer to Carl Warwick territory, whom I like to use as the historical standard for brief non-hitting Orioles.

I was glad to see Joseph throw David Murphy out by a country mile yesterday. He's now thrown out 4 of 10 (SSS, of course, but the league average is only 27%). He also drew a walk, which lifts his OBP to .154 (.043 BA) and closer to Carl Warwick territory, whom I like to use as the historical standard for brief non-hitting Orioles.

Carl Warwick? Never heard of him.

I'm glad this happened. A lot of people on this board where not happy with Wieters. They wanted to trade him. Now we are seeing how hard it is to replace a all star catcher. We are going to miss him big time.

I'm glad this happened. A lot of people on this board where not happy with Wieters. They wanted to trade him. Now we are seeing how hard it is to replace a all star catcher. We are going to miss him big time.

So you're glad MW is out for the year. It would be harder to replace Jones, Davis, Hardy, Machado, Markakis before MW.

So you're glad MW is out for the year. It would be harder to replace Jones, Davis, Hardy, Machado, Markakis before MW.

Is there some super special hotdog vender named Markakis you feel is irreplaceable? Otherwise I'm very confused.

Carl Warwick? Never heard of him.

He came to the O's in 1965. His swing on the baseball card looked great and I was hopefui because he had hit 17 HRs in 1962 for Houston and St. Louis. But he went 0 for 14 (plus 3 walks) and was quickly traded for Andy Etchebarren's back-up, Vic Roznovsky.

He came to the O's in 1965. His swing on the baseball card looked great and I was hopefui because he had hit 17 HRs in 1962 for Houston and St. Louis. But he went 0 for 14 (plus 3 walks) and was quickly traded for Andy Etchebarren's back-up, Vic Roznovsky.

Those are some great names there.

Archived