vs. BREWERS, 5/28

OFFNY

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Interesting, thx. Must have been while trying to make some sort of play on a foul ball or something I’d guess.  Glad to know it’s nothing major.  Part of me was hoping he was on his way to OPACY, but I knew better 😅. 
    • What is your point? Gerrit Cole averaged 6.3 IP per game last year. Zack Wheeler 6IP, Spencer Strider 5.8.  I'm not sure why you keep pushing some weird narrative that Burnes is no good, but you aren't going to convince many people. He's the best pitcher we have and it's not particularly close.
    • Well that’s interesting, because there’s not a single pitcher in MLB averaging 100 pitches per start.  The list tops out at 99.  I guess there are no aces, then.  Burnes averaged 92 the year he won the Cy Young, but I suppose he wasn’t an ace then either.   He’s never averaged 100 pitches per start.   
    • How about the KC game with a 7-0 lead and couldn't get through 6 innings?
    • In today's game, that would play well as you said.
    • Sorry, missed this question. His groundball rate (45.2%) is too high and to me, I just don't see a lot of raw power. I don't have his bat speed numbers, but I bet they are not incredibly high. Now, Adley proves that you don't need great consistent bat speed to be a good hitter, but I do think that's why he doesn't have good power numbers. The good news is he's shown no platoon issues, he'll work counts, and he's solid defensively outfielder (though not a true CF guy for me because of the routes/jumps from what I've seen). I still think he'll need to add to his power to be a true regular corner outfield prospect, but I do see him as a solid 4th outfielder on a major league team if he can show the ability to handle upper level pitching.  I'm interested to seeing him against good velocity.
  • Popular Contributors