Embarrassed by Camden faithful- they boo Jim Johnson.

Rojo13

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jim Johnson gives up two-run homer to Gardner with two outs in 9th, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Athletics&src=hash">#Athletics</a> lead 10-5.</p>— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) <a href="

">June 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Johnson walks Ryan, and the boos start again. He's allowed 13 runs, 12 earned, in his past 15 outings.</p>— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After a single by Soriano, Melvin comes to get Johnson. Doubt Melvin wanted to use Gregerson today with two outs in the 9th.</p>— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) <a href="

Johnson gotta get out of Oakland. This is sad to watch.

I was at the game sitting in Lower LF. There were some loud boos in that area by a couple of people. It wasn't like JJ got a standing ovation so whatever boos there were stood out. It was like a polite golf clap by most people.

I didn't get the boos myself. We were up 4-1 on about as perfect a weather night as you could have. I have no issue with JJ to boo the man.

Johnson was assigned the scapegoat position for the failings of the 2013 season. In another year or two, fans will have let that go. Right now, just a season later, not so much.

Personally, I'm never going to be able to see the guy pitch again without having awful flashbacks to the 2012 ALDS, where he completely torched us. I was at Game 1, and still have nightmares about it.

Archived