From Today's Callis Chat on ESPN

laxtonto

Pie is a top prospect, but he is one level below Jones. Both are gold-glove caliber defenders, Pie might hit for a slightly higher average and strike out a little less. Pie is also faster than Jones. However, Jones has power potential that Pie can't touch and a somewhat better approach at the plate.

Jones is top-10, Pie is probably top-35

Yes but the Cubs have another Of prospect, Colvin I believe.... is he their highest rated OF prospect after Pie, and if so, how do they compare?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My oh my how the outlook has changed in the past 24 hours. Even though this is all good news, like I said yesterday, I will wait until its final before putting down the bottle of Jack and popping open the champaigne!

Boy, if this does happen, there will be a lot of people, myself included, who will owe MacPhail an apology. Seems like he is gonna get what he asked for, even though its caused gray hair and trips to AA for many of us! :eek:

Yes but the Cubs have another Of prospect, Colvin I believe.... is he their highest rated OF prospect after Pie, and if so, how do they compare?

Pie is a much better prospect. Colvin is incredibly overrated. It isn't certain if Colvin will remain in CF, and if he moves to a corner OF spot, his value will take a big drop.

Am I the only one that thinks the Cubs only care about winning the world series in the near future (1-3 years)?

I don't think it's about the near-future, as in 1-3 years.

I think it's about the immediate-future, as in 2008. It's the 100th Anniversary of when they last did it.

IMO, they *have* to do everything they can to make that happen. Doesn't matter if it's rational. They've got to do it anyway.

Or at least I think they should, anyway...

ps: If they're close but in a jam come August, somebody's gonna be able to stick-em-up bad for their MiL guys. It'll be the perfect example of somebody having them exactly where they want them.

Pie is rated higher then colvin. If we get Pie and Gallagher then we have done well in the trade of Roberts. I would like them to add Tony Thomas, their second base prospect that hits for a good average and has good speed.

This is stupid, why are we waiting for the M's deal with Bedard to get done?

If Gallagher and Pie are on the table for Roberts, it's gotta get done, asap.

One deal has nothing to do with the other.

Unless, of course, one does have something to do w/ the other. Something we really don't know.

This Pie + Gallagher thing has been talked about for the last week or so. I believe I read it on SI.com when we were talking about the Bedard stuff. It was just kinda thrown in there.

I hope it is just not being thrown around because people have read it for other stuff.

But if we get more for Brob than the Mets got for Santana. I will be in shock.

My oh my how the outlook has changed in the past 24 hours. Even though this is all good news, like I said yesterday, I will wait until its final before putting down the bottle of Jack and popping open the champaigne!

Boy, if this does happen, there will be a lot of people, myself included, who will owe MacPhail an apology. Seems like he is gonna get what he asked for, even though its caused gray hair and trips to AA for many of us! :eek:

I'm not counting these chickens yet, although I'm getting pretty close to counting the 4 from Seattle. I agree with others that the Cubs deal wouldn't be a 3 for 1. I actually think they might value Payton, making it a 3 for 2 at a minimum with the potential that Sherrill is also included.

Archived