(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

Not including tonight's game, Machado is .364/.364/.455/.819 so far in July.

In June he was .260/.313/.462/.775

He's been looking much, much better recently and his season numbers are rapidly approaching respectability.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been looking much, much better recently and his season numbers are rapidly approaching respectability.

Honestly if he could maintain those June number over the whole season I would be a happy camper. Anything over that would be bonus.

This was one guy I had little concern about.

He is most definitely back!!!!!

I really do not think he went anywhere in the first place.

As disappointing as the bat incident was, I think it was an important development milestone in his career and I for one am damn proud of the kid. He did not dwell in it but he did not ignore it. He looked for the lessons, applied them and has moved forward. That's about all you can ask of any human being who meets adversity or makes a mistake. It is also a key indicator of character which in turn is a key indicator of success.

Proud of ya Manny keep on keeping on.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In 3 games off suspension, Machado is 9-for-17. Over last 11 games he is batting .404 with 4 homers and 8 RBIs.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In 3 games off suspension, Machado is 9-for-17. Over last 11 games he is batting .404 with 4 homers and 8 RBIs.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And the team is 3-0.

Some good info on Manny from Mark Simon over at ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/92723/manny-happy-returns-machado-gets-results

Machado?s batting average dipped to .218 on June 11 after five straight hitless games (and an incident in which he threw a bat, resulting in a suspension). Since then, he is hitting .337 to raise his season batting average to its current .261.

Machado has hit the ball hard in 19 percent of his at-bats this season (hard-hit balls are determined by a video-review service, utilized by major league teams, that rates batted balls as hard-hit, medium-hit or soft-hit, based on specific criteria such as velocity and sweet-spot contact). Last season, he finished with a 14 percent hard-hit rate.

But Machado?s batting average on balls in play (BABIP) is .289, down from .322 last season, indicating that he may be the victim of some bad batted-ball luck, as his ground-ball rate has remained the same and his line-drive rate has risen.

Archived