Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

I'm really not sure what kind of trade value Reimold has. His appeal is contingent on his ability to stay healthy which is something that he's been unable to do. Combine that with the fact that he's also out of options and has already been DFA'd. I think I'd be happy with a bag of balls in return but even that might be asking too much.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really not sure what kind of trade value Reimold has. His appeal is contingent on his ability to stay healthy which is something that he's been unable to do. Combine that with the fact that he's also out of options and has already been DFA'd. I think I'd be happy with a bag of balls in return but even that might be asking too much.

I think this trade is all about sending Nolan out of the AL East and to a team that the O's don't see as head-to-head competition. The O's will get very little for Nolan IMO.

Who would you give up from the O's organization if the Reds were trying to trade Shelley Duncan? Or the Indians Ryan Raburn? Or if the Phils were offering up John Mayberry? If the Dodgers were unloading Brennan Boesch?

I think my answer would be something like Matt Bischoff.

Who would you give up from the O's organization if the Reds were trying to trade Shelley Duncan? Or the Indians Ryan Raburn? Or if the Phils were offering up John Mayberry? If the Dodgers were unloading Brennan Boesch?

I think my answer would be something like Matt Bischoff.

Good question. We did get Belfiore after DFA'ing Josh Bell. We also acquired Brach for Devin Jones after the Padres DFA'ed him. Seems like we should get a prospect that would make our top 25 list.

I was holding out some vain hope that Reimold would not get claimed and come back. Now the realization that he's leaving is settling in... :(

If he was a LEFT handed OF then maybe it would be a shame. With Delmon and Pearce and Cruz, he really has no place on this team. Sad on a personal level but meh...

I thought I used to understand waivers but as of late, we somehow retain people I thought we DFA-ed. It is so confusing:) I thought we lost Pearce and then next thing you know...ha ha.

Dan is the puppet master!

I thought I used to understand waivers but as of late, we somehow retain people I thought we DFA-ed. It is so confusing:) I thought we lost Pearce and then next thing you know...ha ha.

DFA is a holding period. There is a short time to work a trade before waivers or release.

Archived