Losing 3 of 4 to the Worst Team in Baseball

Camden_yardbird

We lose 3 of 4 and we missed Price AND Archer and Will Meyers too.

We are 22-24 since Matt Weiters went out. That's a decent sample and it feels like that is about what we are with the roster as currently constituted.

Manny seems like he may be getting it going and you have to hope that Davis can also. The flip side is that Pearce and Cruz are unlikely to keep their current paces up. To many easy outs in the lineup and not enough guys who get on base. Unless we address at least one of C or 2B with a significant upgrade I pretty much expect us to hang around .500 ... not trying to be a downer but being realistic. Get some help and we might have a shot.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with him though. I used to see some pretty decent stuff with Matusz but really inconsistent location and a dumb approach. I still see the last two things, but I haven't been impressed with his slider, curve, or changeup for most of the season. He doesn't look like a major league pitcher most of the time these days. I. Fine with cutting him loose. He might not get claimed.

That might be just what needs to happen to but it won't. IMO

We lose 3 of 4 and we missed Price AND Archer and Will Meyers too.

Still, the Rays are better than their record. They have had almost the whole team underperform to this point in the season. It's frustratng but it's amazing how well the AL is so balanced with talent these days. Maddon has told them they will make one of the greatest comebacks in ML history. Lets hope they don't really believe it.

It's kind of like hanging in by treading water and hoping you're the lucky team that gets hot the last 2 weeks of the season to carry you in.

Still, the Rays are better than their record. They have had almost the whole team underperform to this point in the season. It's frustratng but it's amazing how well the AL is so balanced with talent these days. Maddon has told them they will make one of the greatest comebacks in ML history. Lets hope they don't really believe it.

It's kind of like hanging in by treading water and hoping you're the lucky team that gets hot the last 2 weeks of the season to carry you in.

They are much better than their record indicates. I don't see them making that comeback especially once they move a few pieces but I would be surprised if they do no play better in the second half.

I agree with him though. I used to see some pretty decent stuff with Matusz but really inconsistent location and a dumb approach. I still see the last two things, but I haven't been impressed with his slider, curve, or changeup for most of the season. He doesn't look like a major league pitcher most of the time these days. I. Fine with cutting him loose. He might not get claimed.

Agreed.

The Rays have the best record in the AL east over the last 10 games. They have won 42 percent of their amen this season. There are no bad teams inthe American League this season. Thinking any team is automatically supposed to beat another is comical.

You DO know that we face Darvish on Thursday don't you? Also, the weaker the pitchers seem the tougher they are on the Orioles so theres that too.

I believe this qualifies as a Firestone reverse jinx, right? :scratchchinhmm: I love it when OH'ers say, "You DO know..." :hearts:

The Rays have the best record in the AL east over the last 10 games. They have won 42 percent of their amen this season. There are no bad teams inthe American League this season. Thinking any team is automatically supposed to beat another is comical.

Mostly from beating up on Houston and then us. They are a bad team.

Mostly from beating up on Houston and then us. They are a bad team.

There's a pretty good argument that once you adjust for strength of schedule, league quality, and runs scored/allowed, that the Rays aren't among the 10 worst teams in baseball. The Baseball Prospectus Hit List (which does all of that), from last Friday, before the O's series, had them 19th of the 30 MLB teams.

Even the worst MLB teams are good baseball teams. They still win 50 or 60 games a year, often against the best teams in baseball.

The Yankees have a -34 run differential.

The Red Sox have a -36 run differential

The Rays have a -35 run differential

Maybe they are all tied for the worst team. I would say the Yankees are more likely the luckiest team in baseball and the Rays are slightly below average. I would be surprised to see the Rays win less than 70 games.

Archived