vs. ANGELS, 7/29

OFFNY

Our defenses given them to runs tonight-so far. Tillman's muff of the comebacker, and Flaherty's whatever you just call what happened that won't be charged as an error.

There was no excuse for the hit batter, either.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The difference is, you assume you know Flaherty's upside with the bat, when he's never been given a legit chance and that upside is lower than Schoop's THIS year. What are the chances that Schoop learns to hit this year when he couldn't hit much at AA or AAA? I'd say he's not a guy I want learning on the job. 2B is a black hole right now.

It's really puzzling how you think that a 28 y/o has some untapped potential because he's never been handed a starting job, despite having never earned it; yet a 22 y/o who's been one of our top prospects has no chance of busting out.

IMO, they're pretty even right now, with Schoop clearly having the higher ceiling. Playing him more often just makes sense until Flaherty shows he deserves more playing time. Right now, he hasn't.

The difference is, you assume you know Flaherty's upside with the bat, when he's never been given a legit chance and that upside is lower than Schoop's THIS year. What are the chances that Schoop learns to hit this year when he couldn't hit much at AA or AAA? I'd say he's not a guy I want learning on the job. 2B is a black hole right now.

They're both bad. However, Flaherty is not the kind of guy I want to keep in the organization -- he can go as a throw-in on a trade for all I care. I want to see Schoop remain in the Orioles organization for a while to see if his bat comes alive. He's already proven himself defensively, so if his offense comes around, he could very deservingly hold down a starting 2B position. Just not... quite yet.

Ideally he wouldn't be learning on the job, but unless we make a trade, we don't have any other options.

o

Good teams over come crushing losses, and don't fall apart in the ensuing several games after them.

Good teams also overcome mental blunders within individual games, and find ways to win them in spite of them.

Let's do this, Orioles.

Our defenses given them to runs tonight-so far. Tillman's muff of the comebacker, and Flaherty's whatever you just call what happened that won't be charged as an error.

There was no excuse for the hit batter, either.

Earl would have informed Ryan of what that was. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived