Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Twins?src=hash">#Twins</a> announce that Tommy Milone will report to Triple-A Rochester. Because?</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="
">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He just pitched, and he would not be ready for a few days and they wanted the roster flexibility until his start date?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the MLBN tease yielded nothing?

If the O's are talking catchers, than I expect Kurt Suzuki to be an Oriole tonight... not sure how I feel about that.

Orioles are done talking catchers is what all are saying. They will trade a catcher. Not acquire one.

if even that.

I like our guys. :D

Seriously though, even Matusz has looked better lately. Still though I think a lefty reliever has to be a priority. Bonifacio would be an upgrade, sure. I know Utley is not realistic. I dunno.

Honestly though, I won't be fazed if we stand pat but I do hope we see a bullpen upgrade. I'm torn on the possibility of a catcher acquisition. I love the job Joseph is doing behind the plate.

I like our guys. :D

Seriously though, even Matusz has looked better lately. Still though I think a lefty reliever has to be a priority. Bonifacio would be an upgrade, sure. I know Utley is not realistic. I dunno.

Honestly though, I won't be fazed if we stand pat but I do hope we see a bullpen upgrade. I'm torn on the possibility of a catcher acquisition. I love the job Joseph is doing behind the plate.

Matusz will definitely be a non tender. If a return is possible, I think Dan would welcome it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Twins?src=hash">#Twins</a> announce that Tommy Milone will report to Triple-A Rochester. Because?</p>? Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="
">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Because they will be flipping him to the O's for Steve Clevenger, and the O's want him in the minors?

A trade for Utley remains, for me, the one that always made far more sense than Lester or, God forbid, Colon, or a minor bull pen upgrade. As others have rightly pointed out, it's going to be hard to advance in (or even get to) the playoffs with 3 .200 hitters in the lineup night after night. There's been no mention of Utley recently in any of the rumor mills. Is he just flat out off the table?

He has a full no-trade clause, and has shown no interest in waiving it.

So the MLBN tease yielded nothing?

If the O's are talking catchers, than I expect Kurt Suzuki to be an Oriole tonight... not sure how I feel about that.

Roch implied we didn't like the catchers out there, given their defense. I think we want to trade a catcher for a BP piece.

Jim Bowden

-They are working on a deal with the Astros for Jarred Cosart but are not close at this hour

11:32 AM

chris

-what are the orioles doing?

Not a big fan of Cosart, I don't think he's much of an upgrade.

Archived