Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm absolutely find with the Miller-E. Rod trade. You have to go for it and improve your team, which Miller clearly does. E Rod, while still quite young, has struggled at AA. In my opinion, Zach Davies has clearly passed him as a prospect as well. We'll be just fine. We traded from an area of strength.

That was a pretty interesting tweet.

All I know is that in ST he looked every bit as average as Brian Burres. I mean the kid had a nothing fastball and show-me breaking stuff. And while it was ST, it looks to have carried over to the regular season.

That's not to say he can't bounce back - he's only 21 - just saying, that's what I saw.

Was that your first time watching him?

He's following orders.

Earlier this year the team president talked about how rebuilding would hurt attendance.

Seems like being lousy has already affected their attendance. 14th so far this year, down from 8th last year, and 1st the year before. Rebuilding wouldn't help immediately, but you'd have to be completely delusional to not realize that it's just...necessary. The Phillies could be very good if they rid themselves of those terrible contracts and refocus that willingness to spend with something that resembles intelligence.

EDIT: and that's the rhetorical "you," not you.

Archived