Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

Giants. ????
Disappointed we will be watching sub .200 hitting catchers and second basemen for rest of the season.

Beats the hell out of watching .270 hitters that can't field or worse, completely screw up the whole pitching rotation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disappointed we will be watching sub .200 hitting catchers and second basemen for rest of the season.

I wanted no part of changing catchers again 2/3 of the way through the season, especially with our starters 3.10 ERA over the past 45 games.

All this grumbling over the FIRST PLACE Orioles? I just don't understand sometimes.

This makes no sense. They have to be getting more. That's just not enough for Price and it's not like Freeman.

Getting a SS prospect from Detroit. A-ball.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rays?src=hash">#Rays</a> also get minor-league SS Willy Adames from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigers?src=hash">#Tigers</a> in Price trade.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Beats the hell out of watching .270 hitters that can't field or worse, completely screw up the whole pitching rotation.

Yeah, I wish Hundley and Joseph had more pop but they do a good job with the staff. Would have liked to upgrade 2B too but Schoop does play good D there and you need a trading partner to trade.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Four-player deal confirmed: David Price to Tigers, Austin Jackson to Mariners, Nick Franklin and Drew Smyly to Rays. No other prospects.</p>? Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="
">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Steal for Detroit. A STEAL.

Also to Rays, from Tigers, Willy Adames.

Looking at the Price and Cosart deal, they look very do-able even without the Big 3 involved... Walker and Schoop are as good as any of the position prospects that went... I mean, what is going on here do teams not value anybody but our Big 3 and will only deal if they are included? Just seems very reasonable deals can be made without huge name prospects.

Archived