vs. CARDINALS, 8/09

OFFNY

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So untrue.

Even by your standards that's weak.

Bases loaded no outs twice yesterday. Results were K twice in a row and the easy out, then it was grounder to pitcher that got a double player and then easy out. 0 runs.

Then just now 0 outs, double play and then a popup that doesnt even make the infield.

Cruz isn't getting benched.

He should probably get a game or 2 off though. His OPS has dropped about .150 points in no time. He has a lower OPS than last season. He should get it together but he looks like he needs a break. He is getting unlucky though. His K/BB rate is pretty normal lately for him but his BABIP is insanely low.

Lol. We always do the worst possible thing we can do
You mean like score 12 runs in a game?

Yesterday, he was roaring fire early in the game when the Orioles failed to score with the bases loaded.

Coincidentally, he dropped out of the thread when the Orioles continued to pile up the runs.

I don't have a problem with criticism of the team when they are struggling.

I think that it's disingenuous to pile on when they are struggling, and then disappear when they break out, though.

Not true. Innings are cumulative.

Yes, they are cumulative, which means that innings in September matter. If they have 5 extra pitchers at their disposal in September, Buck can re-distribute innings to guys that won't be pitching in October.

Plus they have two off days over the next 12 days.

Jimenez will probably have about five starts before rosters expand. If he averages one fewer inning that Gonzalez during that time, that's five more innings for guys like Matusz and McFarland. I can live with that if it means there's a chance that Ubaldo can get into a groove.

Archived