vs. RED SOX, 9/08

OFFNY

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Rays are always picking up these relatively low rated prospects and a lot of them turn into something.  Like when the O's traded Tobi Wells (??) to the Rays and they turned around and traded him to the Guardians for Caminierio (sp?) and he's now a top 5 prospect.  Wells is still floundering around in the upper minors last I heard.
    • Civale has some value at 1.5 seasons left.  He also gets out of the AL East.  I expect we'll see some positive regression for him.  He's a fine regular season #4/#5 type.   We need to start thinking of arms, especially SP, as regular season guys that can get you through a 162 game season vs. guys you want being one of your 3 playoff SP.   Irvin, Suarez, Povich, Kremer, and even McDermott, are fine regular season options to get us through 162.  This year and next.  Couple those names with re-signing Burnes, along with a healthy Grayson, and with this lineup, you're going to win 90-100+ games a year.  
    • He didn't appear very "rangey" when he was up but he made the plays he should have in a small sample. There were several balls he didn't get to that I thought Mateo would have. I think Norby has been playing LF in AAA.
    • Is Norby that limited defensively? I like his hitting approach, but didn’t really see enough of him at 2B to assess. He’s also limited by only being able to play second as well, correct?
    • To that point, one area where Jackson has made some progress is on high velocity. AAA average whiff % for pitches with velo 95mph or higher= 25.6%. Jackson Holliday AAA performance vs pitches 95mph or higher   pitches JH Whiff % Sept 2023 43 38.1 Mar/Apr 2024 23 33.3 May 2024 52 25.0 June 2024 24 20.0 However, his overall whiff rate has consistently been ~27% over the first three months of 2024.  Additionally, about half his batted balls continue to be hit on the ground vs 42% AAA league average. 
    • He's got an outside chance of ending his career with the most strikeouts ever by a RP. That might help his case. Kimbrel threw 77 innings in 2011 with Atlanta.
    • A .919 OPS doesn’t even scream out anymore.  Lol
  • Popular Contributors