Hardy having MRI on back tomorrow in Baltimore

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hardy on back: "It's good, but I’d say not quite good enough to risk playing right now and having a bigger setback." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">September 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if he'll end up lowering his hands again. Remember when he came back from the back spasms in the beginning of the year, he was holding his hands lower at that plate. Some weeks ago he raised them higher and started hitting for more power. And then the back problem returned. They may have nothing to do with one another... just a thought.

I wonder if he'll end up lowering his hands again. Remember when he came back from the back spasms in the beginning of the year, he was holding his hands lower at that plate. Some weeks ago he raised them higher and started hitting for more power. And then the back problem returned. They may have nothing to do with one another... just a thought.

Wow-that was quite a good post. I am not smart enough to know if it is true or not, but excellent observation sir.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hardy having MRI on back tomorrow in Baltimore</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">September 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not good folks.

Oh crap. Dammit.

You don't have an MRI unless your trying to rule something out, or assess the degree of damage

So what are they looking for?

I'm not a doctor, but I am a long-time back patient. There's a good chance that the MRI is being done to get a better look at where and how his disc(s) are pressing on nerves, so that whatever therapy he's having can be directed to the source of the problem.

Archived