Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this is true and not some false positive, you can pretty much kiss the Orioles post season chances goodbye. Not because Davis was such a force in the lineup, but because he was a "threat" to hit the ball out of the park even occasionally.What a HUGE disappointment to an already disappointing season. Im not even sure If I'd offer Davis a new contract when it came up. Big blow folks.

uhhhhh how exactly is this a disappointing season?

Davis doesn't seem like the type of guy to knowingly take an amphetamine. If it was an accident, he's just dumb for not checking it out with the training staff. I mean...in this day, with the testing in place, how do you let this happen????

They're saying Davis was the one who informed Buck and also told other players about it last night. That seems to me that he knows he was caught. He seemed apologetic they also said. So from that perspective it seems like "Well I got caught"....I hope I am wrong though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Statement from Chris Davis. Says he took Adderall. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> <a href="http://t.co/cN5FqFPm5e">pic.twitter.com/cN5FqFPm5e</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Davis has issued a statement saying he used Adderall -- he had exemption in past, but not this year</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Well that's just dumb. I'd love to hear the reason why he lost his exemption.

Just to get the record straight:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/chris-davis-suspended-25-games-for-amphetamine-use/?cid=yahoo

"Assuming no appeal of the suspension, he?d be available for the Orioles? ninth playoff game if they make it past the opening round."

So do you appeal and risk missing the whole playoffs or just take your punishment (I assume it starts today) so you can be back for the ALCS?

Definitely take medicine now.

Do unplayed playoff games count? Like if we don't go a full series bc we win in 4, would unplayed games count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is basically where I'm at.

Non-tender Davis. He's not worth the money with or without amphetamines.

Huge mistake to non-tender him. With this on his record he will make even less in arbitration. He would sign a one year redemption type deal regardless, might as well be with the Orioles.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Davis has issued a statement saying he used Adderall -- he had exemption in past, but not this year</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Why not get the exemption?

Don't these people have agents to take care of this stuff?

Archived