No Manny Sighting?

21xxxv

I understand why he couldn't be in Bmore, but seriously not watching the game? Can that really be true? If so, I find that very strange and I'm not sure how I feel about that. :scratchchinhmm:

Manny was not released to return to Baltimore by Neal Elattrache, Sylvester Stalone's brother-in-law, Dr. to the stars, until today. Strange timing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://fansided.com/2014/03/11/orioles-explored-extension-manny-machado/

Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun heard in a media session that Baltimore Orioles general manager Dan Duquette attempted to get a long term extension done with third baseman Manny Machado done last season. Those attempts were unsuccessful and neither side has spoken about it since.

Yeah that is true. But I wouldn't be eating at the Cheesecake Factory. Well I guess he is still making close to the league minimum but come one you are in Beverly Hills eat better than that.

What's wrong with the Cheesecake Factory? It's not like it's Bob Evans, ya know! I dined at a table next to Rafael Palmiero at the Inner Harbor CCF back around 2002 or so, when his Rangers were in town during his 2nd stint with them. He didn't look embarrassed to be there, and he was making 8 or 9 mil a year at the time! :)

It is odd that Manny wasn't watching the game, though.

I believe this was a humbling year for the young man. The incident with Donaldson, the bat throwing, etc.. IMHO, he came back too early and he suffered early on. I sure hope that he has better mentors and a stronger group of friends than ARod in his inner circle. I sense Manny thought the game was easier than it actually is. With that said, I believe Schoop, albeit not the same talent appears to be grounded. HArdy, Cruz and other vets have seemed to enjoyed working with Schoop, and showing him the way to play the game.

What's wrong with the Cheesecake Factory? It's not like it's Bob Evans, ya know! I dined at a table next to Rafael Palmiero at the Inner Harbor CCF back around 2002 or so, when his Rangers were in town during his 2nd stint with them. He didn't look embarrassed to be there, and he was making 8 or 9 mil a year at the time! :)

No biggie . Not like they go to Ruth Chris every night. I saw Cal at the IHOP with his kids and wife. Greg Olsen used to eat there all the time for breakfast..

I'm sure if we were tied in the standings with the Jays he would have been watching, but we locked up the division a month ago.

The actual clinching is a big deal for us diehards, but it was a formality for everyone else because we ran away with the division.

Also, instead of assuming he's some mercenary who doesn't care, maybe he wasn't watching because it's painful to see what he's missing.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that comment. Cheesecake Factory isn't exactly cheap food. It's not the Applebees 2 for 20 deal (or whatever they do). I went to a Cheesecake Factory a few months ago and was surprised how fancifully decorated it was and how expensive the meal was compared to other chain restaurants. It's not even close to the Denny's clone that they called the Cheesecake Factory on that TV show with the science geeks.

I'm sure if we were tied in the standings with the Jays he would have been watching, but we locked up the division a month ago.

The actual clinching is a big deal for us diehards, but it was a formality for everyone else because we ran away with the division.

Also, instead of assuming he's some mercenary who doesn't care, maybe he wasn't watching because it's painful to see what he's missing.

I didn't think about it in that way. Thanks for a different perspective. That sounds very reasonable. :)

Archived