Chen vs Right-handed heavy Tigers lineup

Tony-OH

No reason for Matusz to be on the roster. I don't see a double standard at all with that.

The double standard is he got left off because he's a lefty (and has actually been great for months now), but Chen who has had 3 bad starts to end the season starts game 2 DESPITE being a lefty.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonna be a tough pill to swallow if we lose the series, knowing we stuck with the guy that got us there instead of picking the best pitcher to match the Tigers lineup in the here and now. The fact that it was so predictable and just about everyone mentioned it makes it really really tough to swallow.

Particularly given how Gausman has pitched today, the starter Chen replaced.

The double standard is he got left off because he's a lefty (and has actually been great for months now), but Chen who has had 3 bad starts to end the season starts game 2 DESPITE being a lefty.

Yeah. Doesn't make any sense. One is a good starter and one is a marginal LOOGY. I don't see a double standard or any comparison between the two at all.

And to make it worse we are wasting Gausman on a loss, and will have to give a start to Gonzo and/or Norris

Porcello and his heavy sinker in 40 something blustery conditions is going to be very tough

Well the O's are back to being the underdogs

So Buck decided to not have the O's bat in the 8th and 9th? Somehow they missed that on the radio.

yeah if we come back to win it will be a stroke of genuis that Buck gave his team the challenge of overcoming a 5 run deficit by pitching his soft tossing homer prone lefty against a lefty mashing lineup in a warm day game in a homer friendly stadium.

I hope the O's bail him out but the decision to start Chen is indefensible in my opinion.

yeah if we come back to win it will be a stroke of genuis that Buck gave his team the challenge of overcoming a 5 run deficit by pitching his soft tossing homer prone lefty against a lefty mashing lineup in a warm day game in a homer friendly stadium.

I hope the O's bail him out but the decision to start Chen is indefensible in my opinion.

Chen is a "soft tossing lefty"?

That is OK because you know Buck won't have to defend it.

So the plan should have been to leave Chen completely off the roster and then go back to relying on him in the ALCS?

Sorry, that may be easy to say on a message board but you can't bench arguably your best pitcher. Protect him by pitching him in Detroit but you can't bench him. These are people, not machines.

So the plan should have been to leave Chen completely off the roster and then go back to relying on him in the ALCS?

Sorry, that may be easy to say on a message board but you can't bench arguably your best pitcher. Protect him by pitching him in Detroit but you can't bench him. These are people, not machines.

Please defend the position that Chen is the O's best pitcher.

And of course you can bench him. He's a big boy, they pushed him back a day earlier in the year so he would avoid Det.

I'm quite sure that you're often unable to conceive of opinions other than your own.

and here is Buck, once again too slow to make the pitching change as he hangs Gausman out to dry against the heart of the best hitting #3,#4,#5 hitters in the majors.

Good thing we have that great bullpen

If only we had a guy like Ned Yost the O's would have won 115, 120 games. What a boat anchor Buck is on this franchise.

Archived