On the Issue of Seven Nation Army

nattyboh

One of my pet peeves is the minor league-afication of the stadium experience. I guess I get the Blue Crabs or Baysox prompting the crowd to get into the game when half their crowd is only vaguely aware a baseball game is going on. But at OPACY, where you've paid , $20, $30, $50 for a ticket to a baseball game? I entertain thoughts of violence every time I hear the "Day O" thing, or the "everybody clap your hands" thing.
How do you feel about spelling Y-M-C-A ? :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you feel about spelling Y-M-C-A ? :D

Not a fan!!!

So this is completely true... last Thursday I'm in a meeting and the people in charge were running late. The others in the room start the wave. It gets to me and I just sit there. I don't do the wave. They try again. I just shake my head, say "Sorry, don't do the wave." It was pretty funny. But still. I don't do the wave.

Not a fan!!!

So this is completely true... last Thursday I'm in a meeting and the people in charge were running late. The others in the room start the wave. It gets to me and I just sit there. I don't do the wave. They try again. I just shake my head, say "Sorry, don't do the wave." It was pretty funny. But still. I don't do the wave.

You are a good man. The one thing I hate is the wave. The wave is nothing more than no-nothings following the orders of some drunk who thinks heis life's mission is to get the stadium to stand up in unison. Nothing annoys me more than fans starting to do the wave in a crucial part of the game. If it's 10-0 and fans are bored, I guess it doesn't bother me as much, but Lord almighty, anyone that does that during a crucial part of the game should have their seats revoked.

You are a good man. The one thing I hate is the wave. The wave is nothing more than no-nothings following the orders of some drunk who thinks heis life's mission is to get the stadium to stand up in unison. Nothing annoys me more than fans starting to do the wave in a crucial part of the game. If it's 10-0 and fans are bored, I guess it doesn't bother me as much, but Lord almighty, anyone that does that during a crucial part of the game should have their seats revoked.

You know how I feel about the wave.

I absolutely HATE the wave too. I will loudly show my disdain to people doing the wave...It tried to happen @ Game 1 of the ALDS. Maybe during a Fri during the summer during student night I could understand, but not game 1 of the playoffs.

I also really, really dislike the 7 Nation Army chant...but when I'm at the stadium and its rocking... I have to join in...

Archived