O's Interested In Tomas ? (Signs with Arizona)

Can_of_corn

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guatemala - The Cuban player Yoan Moncada displayed Wednesday in Guatemala conditions for at least 50 scouts from 30 teams in the majors, which could provide a multimillion dollar contract.

Moncada, 19, showed conditions for 90 minutes to about 200 people who came to the main diamond Guatemala City.

"The boy is hitting very well. His career is also good. I saw many people excited with their performance. And I'm very impressed by the large number of scouts who came to see him, "he international director scouts Baltimore Orioles, Fred Ferreira, after Moncada trial told Efe.

http://www.elnuevoherald.com/deportes/b?isbol/article3859930.html

I would love to get Moncada.

All I know is that there is some sort of July 2nd (or thereabouts) deadline that effects the teams eligible to sign him. What is the Orioles' situation with regard to that deadline?

I would love to get Moncada.

All I know is that there is some sort of July 2nd (or thereabouts) deadline that effects the teams eligible to sign him. What is the Orioles' situation with regard to that deadline?

The deadline doesn't have any effect on the Orioles since they did not exceed the international budget to incur penalties. Basically if he signs before July 2nd you'll have the Red Sox and Yankees able to bid on him while the Cubs and Rangers will be restricted. If he signs after July 2nd, the Yankees and Red Sox will be restricted while the Cubs and Rangers can bid freely. All unmentioned teams can bid as they like. Also, Moncada is going to take a lot more than anyone one team's entire international budget so you basically have to double any offer made to him because of penalties. For example, if you agreed to a contract with Moncada for 15M you would owe MLB another 15M due to penalties and your team cannot spend more than 300K on anyone player over the next two international signing periods.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Diamondbacks To Sign Yasmany*Tomas <a href="http://t.co/X4mWPdq8Ta">http://t.co/X4mWPdq8Ta</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="
">November 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems fair. Good deal for both parties. Glad he is not in the AL.

Crap. AAV is less than Markakis is rumored to be asking.

It is a reasonable contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Davenport translation for Jose Abreu, year before he came over: .303/.387/.610. Last Davenport translation for Tomas: .273/.310/.515.</p>— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) <a href="

It is a reasonable contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Davenport translation for Jose Abreu, year before he came over: .303/.387/.610. Last Davenport translation for Tomas: .273/.310/.515.</p>— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) <a href="

Heck yeah it's reasonable. The OBP translation looks a little low, but I wish the O's had gotten involved at that price.

In Fred We Trust.

Reluctantly I agree with this.

I have to say I'm very willing to look for alternatives for Markakis and Cruz given the dollars they are rumored to be asking for. Aoki OK I guess. Melky Cabrera? Please no...

Archived