Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Peter Angelos is not stupid in spite of what some people may think. Peter knows that the reason the O's have been winning and attendance/revenues have been raising over the last 3 years is the combination of Duquette and Showalter. He is not going to lose either one.

Sometime this spring I believe the O's will restructure their front office. Dan will end up with some kind of President's title and a raise. All this Duquette to the Blue Jays stuff will go away with the restructuring because it will no longer be a promotion for Dan to go to the Blue Jays.

The success of the Orioles today goes farther back than the past 3 season. We still need to give ALOT of credit to MacPhail.

MacPhail:

Jones

Tillman

Hardy

Hunter

Davis

and lets not forget he hired Showalter.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016 has long been considered Baltimore's ASG. Bud threatened Angelos about taking the MASN dispute to court. The official announcement about the 2016 ASG is long overdue. Suddenly, San Diego is making a huge splash to upgrade their on field product. At midnight on a Friday, reports emerge naming San Diego to host the 2016 ASG. This breaks a 50 year tradition of alternating AL and NL ASGs. My take is that every front office knows that this is shady retribution by Bud and MLB for the MASN dispute being taken into the courts. No AL team wanted any part of it. San Diego did. And here we are.

This is how I feel. I still think DD gets the promotion in Baltimore & the only way Angelos would let him leave is if he got a ridiculous return back as compensation.

I'm not disagreeing. But what if DD just doesn't want to work for PA or the Orioles anymore. Maybe he doesn't see a future as bright as some fans do. Just looking at a different angle.

I'm not disagreeing. But what if DD just doesn't want to work for PA or the Orioles anymore. Maybe he doesn't see a future as bright as some fans do. Just looking at a different angle.

Then he'll have a nice long vacation til 2018. I just don't see Angelos backing down.

Angelos should've fought in court to prevent the Nationals in its tv market.

Additionally 1 allstar game doesn't pay for the upgrades that the Padres are adding.

Analysis report says it could possibly bring in $80 million to the city but would still benefit the Padres more than anything with season ticket sales that would include ASG.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diego-Could-be-Home-to-MLB-All-Star-Game-285896071.html

and lets not forget he hired Showalter.
That part was Angelos, as Andy preferred Eric Wedge.
A source told Orioles Hangout that Showalter wanted a lot more control than any other manager in Major League Baseball. The source also said that Showalter wanted “TOTAL control of the organization, from player personnel to player development, to scouting, both Pro and Amateur.”

It’s doubtful that the Orioles were going to give him that much control, but that sounds a lot more like a general manager than field manager. The source also claims that Showalter was Peter Angelos’ choice and not Andy MacPhail’s. According to the source, MacPhail wanted Eric Wedge to be manager.

Tony's Take

This could be true, but we have zero indication that it is so what purpose is there in discussing it. Until DD himself shows some evidence of being unhappy here I think it is not good form to ascribe that motive to him based on 2nd hand innuendo. I have no idea what he is thinking and don't think it is fair to project my bias on his motives.

This thread is over 100 pages long. What's the purpose in that then. DD hasn't exactly come out with a comment that has bled Oriole orange and black.

I don't think they've improved too much, but they did add some names to a team with no real identity. They're suddenly hosting a big party and are trying to decorate the place to look somewhat relevant.

Makes sense. Good for them. I have no Padre animous.

This thread is over 100 pages long. What's the purpose in that then. DD hasn't exactly come out with a comment that has bled Oriole orange and black.

He does not bleed Orange and Black and he will be the Orioles GM through 2018 and MLB is pushing for nothing there. They are getting ready for email and communication discovery. And deposition of it's CEO. Duquette will do a great job while here.

Archived