Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of the minority investors are happy with how then Angelos family has run the team.

Yes, they are happy with the team as is now. They wouldn't be happy with a reorg at this point and some of it is due to Pete's health due to tax reasons. That's all I said.. just a bit more info.

The Orioles and Jays have discussed compensation, as FOXSports.com confirmed this afternooon. You can be certain that the Orioles have studied Toronto's farm system, 40-man roster and placement in the 2015 First-Year Player Draft. They've done the necessary homework, just in case.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/a-few-thoughts-on-duquette-before-heading-home.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Roch trust them why don't you?

Nobody needs to be lying here. There's a difference between discussions and negotiations. Discussion: BJ'S ask "What would it take for you to approve our interviewing DD for our CEO? Angelos answers $100M. BJ's: "Come on, be serious." Angelos: "I am." End of discussion, no negotiation. So BJ'S seed leaks to try to sow dissension in O's FO and fan base, see where that gets them.

But that's all too subtle for Birdland, who is always wrong but never in doubt.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Nobody needs to be lying here. There's a difference between discussions and negotiations. Discussion: BJ'S ask "What would it take for you to approve our interviewing DD for our CEO? Angelos answers $100M. BJ's: "Come on, be serious." Angelos: "I am." End of discussion, no negotiation. So BJ'S seed leaks to try to sow dissension in O's FO and fan base, see where that gets them.

From December. And Peter was not the Angelos who said it. He is not at the owner meetings BTW.

Sorry Frobby. Ken lies.

"I have said previously and I will say it again, Dan is a sophisticated professional and he understands his contract has four remaining years to serve as general manager of the Orioles, and he is expected to perform under that contract," Angelos said. "There are no negotiations. Those reports are false."

Ken is the liar. I am the source.

Talks would begin without Peter's knowledge? I thought I've heard it all until now.

Once again you question his character and what it would do to his reputation in the industry.

You know, lots of businesses, political offices, etc, have rules about conflict of interest. Because even the APPEARANCE of a conflict of interest can compromise decision making, even if the people involved are honorable.

It's not a black or white issue, where either:

1) Despite the fact that he might want to leave and perhaps even expects to leave, Duquette is doing his job absolutely to the fullest, even having preliminary talks with other GMs that might lead to the groundwork for trades in the future, or working long term ideas to help the club 5 years down the road

or

2) Duquette is a dishonest slimeball who is sabotaging the Orioles at the behest of his future employer.

The fact is that if a conflict of interest situation exists, even if he is scrupulously honest, then a compromise already exists. A GM who might want to deal a pitcher in spring training once he finds out another pitcher is healthy in February, might not be as likely to contact Duquette and start tossing around ideas, if he heels Duquette won't be around then. If Duquette was thinking about a long term initiative to change one facet of the scouting department, maybe he would put it off a bit and "wait and see" rather than start something that he might not be around to finish.

I think it's very possible that if there is any kind of realistic possibility that Duquette will be leaving soon, he might not be able to do as strong a job right now as he would if there was no chance of it happening. And I say that without impugning his honesty or anything else.

You know, lots of businesses, political offices, etc, have rules about conflict of interest. Because even the APPEARANCE of a conflict of interest can compromise decision making, even if the people involved are honorable.

It's not a black or white issue, where either:

1) Despite the fact that he might want to leave and perhaps even expects to leave, Duquette is doing his job absolutely to the fullest, even having preliminary talks with other GMs that might lead to the groundwork for trades in the future, or working long term ideas to help the club 5 years down the road

or

2) Duquette is a dishonest slimeball who is sabotaging the Orioles at the behest of his future employer.

The fact is that if a conflict of interest situation exists, even if he is scrupulously honest, then a compromise already exists. A GM who might want to deal a pitcher in spring training once he finds out another pitcher is healthy in February, might not be as likely to contact Duquette and start tossing around ideas, if he heels Duquette won't be around then. If Duquette was thinking about a long term initiative to change one facet of the scouting department, maybe he would put it off a bit and "wait and see" rather than start something that he might not be around to finish.

I think it's very possible that if there is any kind of realistic possibility that Duquette will be leaving soon, he might not be able to do as strong a job right now as he would if there was no chance of it happening. And I say that without impugning his honesty or anything else.

I am the source. Dan is not talking with Toronto.

Archived