Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

As OH's resident Blue Jays fan, I'm going to speak for most of the fanbase; hiring DD only serves to hurt a division rival - not help our own team. If DD was that good, he would have been hired when he was unemployed. I know you all love him here (and with good reason), but AA has made moves that have been widely praised by the baseball community (and have turned out terribly unfortunately).

When it comes to the accusations of stealing signs, I wish we had been better - we haven't made the playoffs in 21 seasons, so perhaps we should start installing microphones at home plate.

Thanks for the insight. As for stealing signs, everyone does it, even the O's.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing the lack of moves to improve and now this, it does make one wonder. How long has Dan known and how much time has he spent on his own personal interests instead of the team he currently works for. Right or wrong, it's hard not to wonder.

When I have left jobs, I have certainly thought about it for months in advance. Including the thought that goes.."You know, if another job comes open somewhere, I am going to seriously look at it." Which reflects an inherent dissatisfaction with one's present job.

How is this legal with Duke under contract? It would be akin to the GM of Coke becoming the Ceo of Pepsi and bringing all the knowledge of their business with him. I don't get this?

You know I'm not really sure. I think teams let guys go if they are getting promoted. For fear of sabotage if they are forced to stay.

I think everyone is thinking this right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell you can't help but think that. This is not something that popped up today IMHO there has been behind door discussions for longer than I care to think right now. :mad:

What better way to neuter your competition then gab their GM at the winter meetings DD IS WORTHLESS right now.

This is the best GM we have had since the golden age. Yes, better than Gillick.

Yes, I am well aware that this is your feelings on this guy. I have always felt the opposite. He has never shown a plan, not last offseason when he made the horrendous Jimenez signing in a panic at end. And not this offseason when he once again seemed to have no plan at all. He has made several "future killer" trades like Jake and Pedro for Marty Feldman and EdRod for Miller just to let him walk. Nope, I may be the only one, but I will be glad to see him go.

That he can have someone draft a contract.

I like Brady so I don't want it to come across that I don't. I'm glad he has been playing an important role in the FO. I just don't see where he's ready for the main seat in that office.

Archived