Report: Phillies offered Howard, Byrd to Orioles

isestrex

I would do the deal if the O's don't give up anyone on their supposed 10-15 on the prospect list. Tell the Phillies they can have Quentin Berry and a C prospect while they eat $10 million a year on Howard for the last two years of his deal.

DH him and be down with Howard after two years.

Take on all of Byrd's contract. The 2016 option vests after 463 PA in 2015, as the contract states that a combination of 1100 PA between 2014 and 2015 will vest the option.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were talking about this on the radio. Howard and Davis combined for 363 strikeouts and 49 homers last year, with a .211 batting average. They're like mirror images of each other. That's a whole lot of strikeouts!

I would still do this trade and flip Davis to the Marlins for Eovaldi and Realmuto.

The Phillies are trying to get teams interested in Ryan Howard, and a team source indicated to Cafardo that they are willing to pay a great majority of his contract to move him. Howard is owed $60MM between 2015 and 2017, including a buyout. The Rays and Orioles have DH needs and he could theoretically fit the bill.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/cafardo-on-hamels-astros-howard-craig.html

The Phillies are trying to get teams interested in Ryan Howard, and a team source indicated to Cafardo that they are willing to pay a great majority of his contract to move him. Howard is owed $60MM between 2015 and 2017, including a buyout. The Rays and Orioles have DH needs and he could theoretically fit the bill.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/cafardo-on-hamels-astros-howard-craig.html

Ubaldo for Howard and Utley + $15M. Im only half kidding.

Would it even be worth it then? They would probably be better off getting maximum talent for Hamels than trying to shed money.

Depends what their revenue stream is now that they stink all the time. This is exactly what I do not want for the Orioles going forward. A World Series followed by a decade of pain. I am to the point that decades have great value.

Archived