Report: Phillies offered Howard, Byrd to Orioles

isestrex

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Howard and 25 million for Jimenez, think the Phillies do that? Another left handed hitter is needed and to get out of that Jimenez contract is addition by subtraction.

Yes, I do think the Phillies would do that. No, I don't think the Orioles will. Ubaldo has a better chance of turning it around than Howard does, IMO.

Yes, I do think the Phillies would do that. No, I don't think the Orioles will. Ubaldo has a better chance of turning it around than Howard does, IMO.

Tillman

Chen

Gonzalez

Norris

Gausman

Assuming we don't trade any of them, it's going to be hard for Jimenez to turn it around. He's not deserving to start over any of those five.

Tillman

Chen

Gonzalez

Norris

Gausman

Assuming we don't trade any of them, it's going to be hard for Jimenez to turn it around. He's not deserving to start over any of those five.

You might reconsider after spring training. He's the most unhittable pitcher on the team. If he's throwing strikes, he has to pitch.

Gonzo to the pen, at least temporarily. You can't sit a guy who's making $13mm and pitching well.

Gonzalez was arguably the most consistant SP down the stretch. Jimenez is who he is. He's always walked batters. That won't change. I don't think he was as bad as his numbers looked, but I don't think he's in the top 5 SP on this team.

Gonzalez was arguably the most consistant SP down the stretch. Jimenez is who he is. He's always walked batters. That won't change. I don't think he was as bad as his numbers looked, but I don't think he's in the top 5 SP on this team.

But he will have a starting spot.

Unless I had an offer I couldn't refuse, I would not trade a starter.

In a perfect world, a team has 5 starters who start at least 32 games. They would all pitch more than 180 innings. Yet, every year, there are relatively few pitchers who make it to 180 innings. Less than 70 pitchers pitched 180 innings last year. That's barely 2 pitchers per team.

I'd consider a trade at the ASB or when I've indentified replacement(s).

I think Jimenez is a value added contract at 3/39. Don't you?

Yes and no. Brandon friggin McCarthy almost got 50 million dollars so Jimenez seems like he is getting paid about what he is worth if that's what the market is. We've got a logjam at SP though and Jimenez reduces flexibility. I'd rather trade him and sign a cheaper wildcard like Beachy. If that means taking on Howard at 13 million or so a year with the buyout then I think I do it.

Archived