Rays may look to trade Zobrist

Saintbird

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Pearce but I find it hard to believe somebody can be a Pearce believer and not a Davis believer. Davis is a better bet, in my book.

I see more from Pearce I like, while Davis looks completely lost now that they are shifting him and refuse to give him hittable pitches. I think Davis is closer to the AAAA player he was at Texas now unless he's able to adjust (which he wasn't able to do last year).

.700 OPS from your starting 1B isn't acceptable.

Its tough to become a believer if you refuse to give the guy a chance to play.

Regardless of the rest of the moves we make this offseason, I believe Pearce will be an every day player. Whether it be RF, 1B or DH. He's earned it.

I'm not saying don't play him. He will have plenty of playing time as a RF, LF, DH, 1B but I don't think you stick him at one position and expect him to play 150+ games of productive baseball. His flexibility and the fluid state of position players will get him plenty of ABs.

Me too...I think you and I are on the same page of a Lough/Pearce platoon at one OF spot.

Doesn't have to be Lough necessarily or even a strict platoon but definitely a no promises approach. If Pearce split time with Lough, Rasmus, Parmelee...

Also, just to stay on topic I don't think Zobrist will be traded over here. I don't think we have enough outside of Gausman/Bundy to entice Tampa.

Doesn't have to be Lough necessarily or even a strict platoon but definitely a no promises approach. If Pearce split time with Lough, Rasmus, Parmelee...

Also, just to stay on topic I don't think Zobrist will be traded over here. I don't think we have enough outside of Gausman/Bundy to entice Tampa.

They will want top dollar. And year in, year out, they have GOTTEN it for their trades. :(

In a bad year, still 26 HR 72 RBI 60 BB. Prime D at 1B.

traditional stats might look nice. But he was barely a replacement level player and had the 3rd lowest wRC+ of qualified 1Bs, only ahead of such studs as Ryan Howard and Allen Craig.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=1b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=2014&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=17,d

We better hope he has a much better year than last year, since that kinda production isn't going to get it done.

And under 2 wins.

Some real undervaluing of Zobrist going on here. He's far more valuable than Chris Davis. Over 5 wins the last 4 seasons in a row.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=2009&ind=0&team=&rost=&age=&filter=&players=

Only one player has more WAR since 2009 than Zobrist. Miguel Cabrera.

Archived