Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lough and Hardy both going to the DL.

Reimold might actually make the roster for a bit.

I was thinking this too. He would have to make it over one of Paredes, Cabrera, or Flaherty. I think they definitely keep Paredes since he is out of options. I think Flaherty + Cabrera is redundant with Paredes already on the roster, so I would have Reimold on my roster and probably send Flaherty to Norfolk.

Best justification for keeping Reimold: You never know when he will go down with an injury so best to get what you can out of him, while you can.

I was thinking this too. He would have to make it over one of Paredes, Cabrera, or Flaherty. I think they definitely keep Paredes since he is out of options. I think Flaherty + Cabrera is redundant with Paredes already on the roster, so I would have Reimold on my roster and probably send Flaherty to Norfolk.

Best justification for keeping Reimold: You never know when he will go down with an injury so best to get what you can out of him, while you can.

Flaherty stays. Who else would back up SS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaherty stays. Who else would back up SS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paredes is your emergency backup at SS until Hardy returns. I would have Cabrera playing there everyday until then.

I'm aware that Buck will probably not do this. I just don't like how we are starting the season with so many util. infielder types.

Paredes is your emergency backup at SS until Hardy returns. I would have Cabrera playing there everyday until then.

I'm aware that Buck will probably not do this. I just don't like how we are starting the season with so many util. infielder types.

Paredes has never played SS in an MLB game, so you would have to do everything you can to keep Cabrera in the lineup. Without Flaherty on the roster, you are pretty much removing the possibility of pinch-hitting for Cabrera late in the game.

The thing about Reimold and injury is that it's not usually the kind of nagging injury (like a chronic hamstring problem) that keeps him off the field. First he tore his Achilles tendon, and the team tried to bring him back too soon. When he was finally healthy, he broke a vertebra diving into the stands for a ball, and then the surgery didn't take. So, while he's missed an inordinate amount of time due to injury, it seems to me that he's had really rotten luck as opposed to being injury prone in the way we usually mean that term.
He did have hamstring issues in Toronto last season.

He also had several nagging injuries before he ever reached the majors. As I recall, plantar fascitis, a back injury of some kind, and maybe a third thing.

Our OF is AJ, De Aza, and Pearce, with Delmon at DH. You need Flaherty to back up SS (or Cabrera if Flaherty is starting) and a backup C.

That leaves Reimold, Snider, and Paredes for the two remaining bench spots. So the only way Reimold makes it is if we lose Snider or Paredes, both out of options. Tough decision but I have to think Snider and Paredes make it and stay on the roster as long as they are producing so that we don't lose them. If either one gets hurt or is so bad that we can't afford to keep them, Reimold is the next man up. I just don't see any way to get Reimold on the active roster.

Plus JJ is hopefully coming back soon. Then you have to option Flaherty or Cabrera, or lose Paredes. Even then, Reimold is the next man up at best.

Our OF is AJ, De Aza, and Pearce, with Delmon at DH. You need Flaherty to back up SS (or Cabrera if Flaherty is starting) and a backup C.

That leaves Reimold, Snider, and Paredes for the two remaining bench spots. So the only way Reimold makes it is if we lose Snider or Paredes, both out of options. Tough decision but I have to think Snider and Paredes make it and stay on the roster as long as they are producing so that we don't lose them. If either one gets hurt or is so bad that we can't afford to keep them, Reimold is the next man up. I just don't see any way to get Reimold on the active roster.

Plus JJ is hopefully coming back soon. Then you have to option Flaherty or Cabrera, or lose Paredes. Even then, Reimold is the next man up at best.

By the time JJ returns Paredes might make it through waivers.

Count me in as wanting Reimold on this roster Opening Day. Especially with Hardy out, it wouldn't be bad to have that RH pop.

Reimold would have to be added to the 40-man roster, which means someone else would have to come off.

Archived