Bud Norris and Miguel Gonzalez gunning for 200 innings

Frobby

Not sure how Gonzalez is going to get 200 innings pitching out of the bullpen since that's where half this board thinks he belongs....:rolleyestf:

You might want to try reading what folks actually say.

A lot of us would put Gonzo in the pen if:

All six guys are healthy

Ubaldo's contract makes him a lock for the rotation.

That is not "He belongs in the pen".

Not sure how Gonzalez is going to get 200 innings pitching out of the bullpen since that's where half this board thinks he belongs....:rolleyestf:

Gonzalez is one of the most unassuming/talented/unrated starters we have. By no means is he a thrower, his mechanics are sound, and his head is screwed on right. He doesn't get visually flustered on the mound when things aren't going his way and is more or less inscrutable. He's a true pro and basically everything the 50 million dollar waste of money is not, but I digress. Anyway, I have more faith in Gonzo than Norris, his numbers are better too, I just can't figure why Norris seems to be favored over him? My gut tells me that Norris will be in the rotation and Gonzo will be in the pen - suks.

Gonzalez is one of the most unassuming/talented/unrated starters we have. By no means is he a thrower, his mechanics are sound, and his head is screwed on right. He doesn't get visually flustered on the mound when things aren't going his way and is more or less inscrutable. He's a true pro and basically everything the 50 million dollar waste of money is not, but I digress. Anyway, I have more faith in Gonzo than Norris, his numbers are better too, I just can't figure why Norris seems to be favored over him? My gut tells me that Norris will be in the rotation and Gonzo will be in the pen - suks.

I'm pretty sure Buck appreciates Gonzo. I'd be very surprised if he is the one in the pen.

Really hoping for a big year out of Norris. First off, obviously, because it would help the Orioles this season. But also because I want to be able to offer him a QO at the end of the season. I'm hoping to get picks from Davis/Wieters/Norris/Chen/Pearce.

No one is giving you a pick for Pearce.

Archived