Adam Jones: 'I deserve a little bit of respect' from front office

eddie83

Adam Jones is at the point in his career where the O's should be looking to trade him.

Under contract for four more years which makes him very attractive.

but

will be 30 on Aug 1 and is heading into decline

already his OPS trend is .839, .811, .780 over his past three years

as a guy with a historic low walk rate, who depends on a high contact rate even on pitches out of the zone he would seem to project to decline rapidly.

Maybe Adam's recent criticisms of the FO, got their attention and they can look to trade him. I don't think he will be worth his contract as a 33 yo center fielder.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam Jones is at the point in his career where the O's should be looking to trade him.

but

as a guy with a historic low walk rate, who depends on a high contact rate even on pitches out of the zone he would seem to project to decline rapidly.

Maybe Adam's recent criticisms of the FO, got their attention and they can look to trade him. I don't think he will be worth his contract as a 33 yo center fielder.

How about you compare Jones' declining OPS to the league averages over that time?

What you are looking at is most likely a result of the league wide decline in offense and not decline.

How about you compare Jones' declining OPS to the league averages over that time?

What you are looking at is most likely a result of the league wide decline in offense and not decline.

Nothing has changed. The grind is real.

but

I am very glad you are not in the Orioles front office. People like you got us Juan Bell.

Are you serious man? 14 straight losing seasons before Duke got here. Nothing but success since. And you're complaining?

Duke is not good at Public Relations or communications in general, but he knows what he's doing building this team.

My comment was directed at MacPhail's inactivity around the trade deadline. I'm a staunch Duquette fan even with his unfortunate Blue Jays episode. Not so much MacPhail.

Probably wouldn't matter. Judging from AM's trade deadline activity, my guess is that he spent half of his Junes and all of his Julys trying to figure out what he did with his cell phone.

He misplaced his cell phone when he was placed on hold while ordering designer vests on QVC.

"We have Andy from Baltimore on the line. Hi, Andy! Andy? Andy? Oh no....it seems we have lost Andy."

My comment was directed at MacPhail's inactivity around the trade deadline. I'm a staunch Duquette fan even with his unfortunate Blue Jays episode. Not so much MacPhail.

You have to give MacPhail credit for improving the baseball FO, and getting the ball rolling on Sarasota.

There is still some of MacPhail's handprint on this team.

If MacPhail hadnt got Angelos to change his attitude and stop micromanaging, DD would not be allowed to run the team as he sees fit.

Not trying to take anything away from DD.

I think I've posted enough in that the past, that both deserve credit and kudos what they have done for this franchise.

No he is not. Machado had an .850 OPS after June 1 last year, and was on pace for 30 HR for 162 G. That is what Machado is capable of if he stays healthy. AJ is not on that level, and that's without factoring in Manny's 2W+defense.

Potentially, he could put up those kind of numbers for a full season, but the proof is in the pudding - he's got to actually do it. And it's anyone's guess if he's going to stay healthy - and if the injuries have taken away some of that potential.

Potentially, he could put up those kind of numbers for a full season, but the proof is in the pudding - he's got to actually do it. And it's anyone's guess if he's going to stay healthy - and if the injuries have taken away some of that potential.

Personally, I believe he had two serious injuries, that was as a result of his own DNA and not a direct result from playing baseball, and now that he has the one time repairs, that the risk of the same type of injuries is very minimal.

Archived