2015 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were dangerous enough as it was. Toronto is 7-5 against Baltimore this year, and they're only only one game back.

If it weren't for those blasted Yankees, this would come down like I thought it would, Orioles vs Jays.

Like I thought it would, too. And it still might: the NYY could collapse, especially if they don't get some help for their some starting pitching.

Just go out and win some games, and hope those last two series count (or we have sewn things up before then).

...just curious, a follow up, how Toronto's young trade pieces from before are doing around the league:

MARLINS

Henderson Alvarez - 17-17, 3.23 ERA (117 ERA+) in two years+ for the Marlins; out for season. 2014 All Star.

Yunel Escobar - flipped to Rays, then Athletics, then Nationals. Hitting .318/.366/.418 (117 OPS+) this year at 3B.

Jake Marisnick - flipped to Astros, starting CF. Accrued 2.4 rWAR with Houston in 1.5 years.

Adeiny Hechavarria - starting SS in Miami. Acrrued 2.2 rWAR last two years with team.

Anthony DeSclafani - flipped to Reds, starting pitcher, 6-7, 3.75 ERA (101 ERA+), 1.342 WHIP this year in Cincinnati.

Justin Nicolino - rookie for Marlins, two games started. 3.43 ERA, 1.390 WHIP in AAA.

METS

Noah Syndergaard - rookie for the Mets, 5-5, 2.70 ERA (137 ERA+), 1.073 WHIP.

Travis d'Arnaud - 610 PA, .241/.304/.404 (99 OPS+) in three seasons with the Mets; set to come off DL soon.

Wuilmer Becerra - Mets A ball, .797 OPS. Still only 20.

ATHLETICS

Brett Lawrie - starting 3B for Athletics, still only 25. Hitting .280/.314/.412 this year with 1.8 rWAR.

Kendall Graveman - rookie for Athletics, 6-7, 4.13 ERA (95 ERA+), 1.466 WHIP.

Sean Nolin - Athletics AAA, 2.67 ERA, 1.396 WHIP, hurt.

Franklin Barreto - Athletics A+ Ball, .821 OPS. Still only 19.

Now Daniel Norris, Jeff Hoffman, Jesus Tinoco, Miguel Castro, Matt Boyd and Jairo Labourt can be added to that heap of players.

...just curious, a follow up, how Toronto's young trade pieces from before are doing around the league:

MARLINS

Henderson Alvarez - 17-17, 3.23 ERA (117 ERA+) in two years+ for the Marlins; out for season. 2014 All Star.

Yunel Escobar - flipped to Rays, then Athletics, then Nationals. Hitting .318/.366/.418 (117 OPS+) this year at 3B.

Jake Marisnick - flipped to Astros, starting CF. Accrued 2.4 rWAR with Houston in 1.5 years.

Adeiny Hechavarria - starting SS in Miami. Acrrued 2.2 rWAR last two years with team.

Anthony DeSclafani - flipped to Reds, starting pitcher, 6-7, 3.75 ERA (101 ERA+), 1.342 WHIP this year in Cincinnati.

Justin Nicolino - rookie for Marlins, two games started. 3.43 ERA, 1.390 WHIP in AAA.

METS

Noah Syndergaard - rookie for the Mets, 5-5, 2.70 ERA (137 ERA+), 1.073 WHIP.

Travis d'Arnaud - 610 PA, .241/.304/.404 (99 OPS+) in three seasons with the Mets; set to come off DL soon.

Wuilmer Becerra - Mets A ball, .797 OPS. Still only 20.

ATHLETICS

Brett Lawrie - starting 3B for Athletics, still only 25. Hitting .280/.314/.412 this year with 1.8 rWAR.

Kendall Graveman - rookie for Athletics, 6-7, 4.13 ERA (95 ERA+), 1.466 WHIP.

Sean Nolin - Athletics AAA, 2.67 ERA, 1.396 WHIP, hurt.

Franklin Barreto - Athletics A+ Ball, .821 OPS. Still only 19.

Now Daniel Norris, Jeff Hoffman, Jesus Tinoco, Miguel Castro, Matt Boyd and Jairo Labourt can be added to that heap of players.

Nice work.

An offensive improvement at one of the O's OF corners offsets the Price acquisition enough to make the AL East still a toss-up IMO. Especially with the wheels are coming off the Yankees' rotation.

They might be. They should be. Somehow, I won't be surprised if they don't make the WC.

Getting Reyes out of the clubhouse should be an improvement in the toughness of the team, but I still don't see them having the ability to put aside ego (Bautista) and play as a team enough to be able to make the playoffs.

I hope they fail miserably.

Seems like baseball isn't won these days by creating all star teams like the Yankees and Sox were doing in the 2000's. Doesn't work that way anymore. Jays won't win this way, but it'll be fun to see them deplete their farm system trying to do so.

Agreed, IMO this is a stupid move for the Jays based out of pure desperation. As it stands, they're still a couple games behind getting into the one game Wild Card round. And while being 7 back in the division is surmountable, it would take a heck of a surge (or a Yankee collapse).

In return for the moves they made, the Jays just traded away their future. Then again, if the Jays don't win this year, there might not be a future for Alex Anthopoulos. If I'm a Jays fan, I'm actually kinda pissed.

Can they re-sign Price? Can Tulo stay healthy playing 100 games on turf? If not then while it is short term win, it is long term fail because they gave up some really good young pitching - which they do not have.

It appears that tax wise, there is a 43% penalty to play in Toronto. That is not to say that there is not a 23% penalty to play in Texas or Florida.

Archived