2015 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

Maybe for the playoffs, but regular season?

1) TOR - 5.28 R/G

2) NYY - 4.65 R/G

3) COL - 4.58 R/G

etc

That's all I need to see. Big gap to #2, and that's without Tulo.

Was just thinking about late season matchups. A lot of great RHP in the AL East and with September callups he'll never face a LHP. Recently he's been killing LHP too.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...after trading for Tulo, the Jays unquestionably have the best lineup in baseball now. As I mentioned in another thread... I'm waiting for some talking head to anoint them the "Big Blue Machine".

Yes, but without Reyes, do they have a "true" leadoff hitter? (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe for the playoffs, but regular season?

1) TOR - 5.28 R/G

2) NYY - 4.65 R/G

3) COL - 4.58 R/G

etc

That's all I need to see. Big gap to #2, and that's without Tulo.

10-22 in 1-run games' date=' wow! :eek: but also :2yay-thumb::clap3::smile11:[/quote']

Their record is 50-51 but their Pythag is 60-41. Pretty amazing.

Offense - Jays are better by a sizable margin. They're the best in the league.

Defense - We're better by a sizable margin.

Starting pitching - The addition of Price changes this equation a lot. I think the Jays are close to equal to us going forward.

Bullpen - We still have a significant edge here.

Overall, I think the Price acquisition today makes Toronto very dangerous to us. I won't be surprised if they win 85-90 games now.

Most people think the Yankees are still in the drivers seat for the division (before they make any moves). If this is the case, then the Blue Jays are a massive threat to us. I doubt both wild cards come from the AL East. One of Houston/LAA will most likely get one of the two wild cards.

So that leaves (probably) 1 wild card from the ALE. In theory there's some beating up of each other from all 3 teams. At this stage of the game, I still aim for the division title, and in that case that I hope the Jays give the MFYs some issues. I look at it this way, how does our offense look to match up to their pitching vs their offense and our pitching. Ultimately, I see their hitting doing better against us then the opposite being the case. I mean we have 2 starters who can't seem to get a Blue Jay out (Chen, Tillman). We have the likes of Hardy and Snider batting 5th in our lineup... not good. We obviously are currently in the race, but the Jays weren't going to be easy, even before the 2 blockbuster. We are 4-7 vs TOR so far this year.

The good news is, they are probably very tapped out in terms of future talent and payroll.

If we play more consistently, we can not only beat the Blue Jays but we can catch and pass the MFYs. But we have yet to show that consistency. When we are playing well, we are better than either of them, but then we have just fallen into prolonged funks this year so far. I think it is more of an internal challenge for us than what the Jays or Yankees have. If we keep falling into funks, then we would lose to them even before their additions. If we don't, we will beat them even with their additions.

Offense - Jays are better by a sizable margin. They're the best in the league.

Defense - We're better by a sizable margin.

Starting pitching - The addition of Price changes this equation a lot. I think the Jays are close to equal to us going forward.

Bullpen - We still have a significant edge here.

Overall, I think the Price acquisition today makes Toronto very dangerous to us. I won't be surprised if they win 85-90 games now.

Sure. Why not. They always do. Right?

Archived