What moves are left to get to 25?

wildcard

When Lough is activated, there is a good chance that a pitcher, either Gausman or Matusz is moved, so we can get the staff down to 12. When Hardy comes back, Flaherty or Lough will get moved. When Paredes comes back, the one who stayed, gets moved.

You think it's a lock that Parades is on the team over Lough? I've been on Paredes's side of the debate, but my confidence level in that direction is around 50%, maybe a little less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think it's a lock that Parades is on the team over Lough? I've been on Paredes's side of the debate, but my confidence level in that direction is around 50%, maybe a little less.

I hear ya..but I think Cabrera playing some center and Buck's comments about Borbon says the writing is on the wall for Lough...and about time.

If they have made their decision, why activate Lough at all? Why not buy the extra five days to move Matusz? Not disagreeing with you here, just thinking out loud.

They activate Lough because they want him on the 25 man roster.

They are buying time to move Lough as well. Duquette is in a tough spot right now. I just have this feeling that they think they have something with Paredes.

Right. But as far as buying time to move Lough (let's say they need to decide by Parades' return date 4/16), does it matter whether or not he's activated? If you've decided to move Matusz AND you activate Lough on the 11th, then you have to find a taker five days earlier.

I do understand a desire to have 13 position players and the first reasonable time to do that is on the 11th, but IF the idea is to keep Parades over Lough, then activating him for those 5 days shortens the time to move Matusz IF that's their desired solution to the roster. Of course, like you said, they could move Gausman down on the 11th for Lough. Then bring him back if they find a taker for Matusz.

Thorne asked Buck about adding a position player by Friday and Buck smirked. Hard to believe that Matusz will be dealt between now and then, the only move would be to send down Gausman. I thought they might wait until a position player came of the DL to send a pitcher out but it sounds like they aren't going to wait.

Archived