What moves are left to get to 25?

wildcard

Wieters, Hardy and Lough to the DL.

Nix and Janish assigned to Norfolk

McFarland optioned

Reimold assigned to Norfolk

Webb DFA'd and put on waivers to see if 2.75M keeps him a Oriole. That may happen Monday after the game.

Clevenger vs Lavarnway

And then the tough one - Matusz vs Garcia

Davis activated Monday after the game

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wieters, Hardy and Lough to the DL.

Nix and Janish assigned to Norfolk

McFarland optioned

Reimold assigned to Norfolk

Webb DFA'd and put on waivers to see if 2.75M keeps him a Oriole. That may happen Monday after the game.

Clevenger vs Lavarnway

And then the tough one - Matusz vs Garcia

Davis activated Monday after the game

If they send Gausman down to Norfolk they keep Matusz until someone trades for him.

Right. Two of Matusz, Gausman, and Garcia make it. Sure looks like Garcia is in. The O's have been trying to trade Matusz all off season. Doubt they cut Garcia to give Matusz a spot. It's really probably between Gausman and Matusz. How bad does Buck want that second lefty to go with Wright?

Buck has said lately that Brach gets lefties out. That may be a clue.

TJ has not been good enough this spring to deserve a spot on the roster. He has options. No way he makes it. So it's Gausman vs. Matusz. I have to think if they were willing to just get rid of Matusz they would have non-tendered him. My best guess would be Gausman to Norfolk.

What is the next move when Davis comes back? Try to pass Paredes through waivers? If you option Flaherty or Cabrera before JJ comes back, we won't have a backup SS.

TJ has not been good enough this spring to deserve a spot on the roster. He has options. No way he makes it. So it's Gausman vs. Matusz. I have to think if they were willing to just get rid of Matusz they would have non-tendered him. My best guess would be Gausman to Norfolk.

What is the next move when Davis comes back? Try to pass Paredes through waivers? If you option Flaherty or Cabrera before JJ comes back, we won't have a backup SS.

Why would you have to do any of that? Paredes can stay on the 25 man at least until Lough comes back.

Is having a backup shortstop that important for the first five or ten games of the season until JJ comes back? You play Cabrera there everyday and for the off chance that he gets hurt mid-game you shift Paredes, Schoop, or Machado over there to finish the game and call Flaherty up the next day. It wouldn't be the end of the world. Also allows us to keep an extra player: Reimold or Matusz/Gausman.

Is having a backup shortstop that important for the first five or ten games of the season until JJ comes back? You play Cabrera there everyday and for the off chance that he gets hurt mid-game you shift Paredes, Schoop, or Machado over there to finish the game and call Flaherty up the next day. It wouldn't be the end of the world. Also allows us to keep an extra player: Reimold or Matusz/Gausman.
Maybe in fantasy baseball but not in Buckball. Anyway you don't have to option anyone if Clevenger is the back up C. There are only 39 on the 40 man with Verrett picked up on waivers.

Maybe in fantasy baseball but not in Buckball. Anyway you don't have to option anyone if Clevenger is the back up C. There are only 39 on the 40 man with Verrett picked up on waivers.

Yeah, no way Buck allows that.

Pretty simple to me, Gausman goes down to pitch everyday in Norfolk.

I also think Matusz will be traded.

Right. Two of Matusz, Gausman, and Garcia make it. Sure looks like Garcia is in. The O's have been trying to trade Matusz all off season. Doubt they cut Garcia to give Matusz a spot. It's really probably between Gausman and Matusz. How bad does Buck want that second lefty to go with Wright?
Question: if Matusz is so untradeable, could they try to put him through waivers and then outright him?

Archived