What moves are left to get to 25?

wildcard

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, technically Reimold will be assigned not optioned because he is on a minor league contract. But yes the back up catcher and probably Jonathan Schoop will be the only two reserves if McFarland makes the 25 man roster. That will change the second game when Davis is activated. Flaherty hits Archer well so I expect him to be the opening day 2B.

It still has not been announced if Clevenger or Lavarnway is the backup catcher.

I still don't understand why Ward isn't under consideration for C. I know he can't hit, but is Lavarnway making the team for his bat? We are in the same position with Lavarnway as we are with Reimold--if he makes the 25-man, he has to go through waivers to get sent down when the starter comes back. The other option - which I fear - would be to option CJ. I strongly disagree with optioning CJ just to keep Lavarnway.

I can see if Wieters is a long way off then you want to take the best overall guy. If Wieters is coming back soon, I want the best guy with options. Isn't that Ward?

I still don't understand why Ward isn't under consideration for C. I know he can't hit, but is Lavarnway making the team for his bat? We are in the same position with Lavarnway as we are with Reimold--if he makes the 25-man, he has to go through waivers to get sent down when the starter comes back. The other option - which I fear - would be to option CJ. I strongly disagree with optioning CJ just to keep Lavarnway.

I can see if Wieters is a long way off then you want to take the best overall guy. If Wieters is coming back soon, I want the best guy with options. Isn't that Ward?

There is no doubt in my mind Joseph is the best option behind Wieters, and dollar for dollar, probably better. If Ward is next in line, you want him playing regularly in AAA so we can see what he's made of.

There is no doubt in my mind Joseph is the best option behind Wieters' date=' and dollar for dollar, probably better. If Ward is next in line, you want him playing regularly in AAA so we can see what he's made of.[/quote']

Ward isn't some kind of prospect. He is what he is. There isn't any more upside there.

I expected more from Lough last season, but that's probably my fault in retrospect. He had some embarrassing baserunning blunders (8sb and 5 cs overall), a below average walk rate, and a poor obp. I don't see much current value there.

Ward? Actions speak louder than words.

The O's talk up Ward, but they option him early and then they acquire Audry Perez who is younger with many of the same skills.

I don't think Ward is in the O's present or future.

I don't deny that. I just don't want to be in a situation when Wieters comes back where we have to either option Joseph or lose Lavarnway, because I have a feeling they will option Joseph. Better to go with Ward for a couple weeks until Wieters is ready. Now if Wieters is a month or more away, then you go with the best guy.

I don't deny that. I just don't want to be in a situation when Wieters comes back where we have to either option Joseph or lose Lavarnway, because I have a feeling they will option Joseph. Better to go with Ward for a couple weeks until Wieters is ready. Now if Wieters is a month or more away, then you go with the best guy.

I am not as high on Ward but I keep thinking the same thing about the catchers spot. It doesn't make me feel good about Wieters. If they thought he would be back soon then why not use Clevenger? Clevenger if he gets sent down after Monday can't be feeling very good. If he can't make the team under these circumstances than when can he?

I am not as high on Ward but I keep thinking the same thing about the catchers spot. It doesn't make me feel good about Wieters. If they thought he would be back soon then why not use Clevenger? Clevenger if he gets sent down after Monday can't be feeling very good. If he can't make the team under these circumstances than when can he?

It was simpler when it was just Taylor Teagarden. Now the catcher situation drives me nuts. Wieters, Joseph, Lavarnway, Clevenger, Ward, Ariencibia, Perez...good grief. Just pick a dad gum backup catcher.

It was simpler when it was just Taylor Teagarden. Now the catcher situation drives me nuts. Wieters, Joseph, Lavarnway, Clevenger, Ward, Ariencibia, Perez...good grief. Just pick a dad gum backup catcher.

The backup is Caleb. This is the backup to the backup now.

Game One is now complete and we have a roster move to make. Everything seems to point to Clevenger going down' date=' but I wonder if Gausman might go down to get regular starts and give Buck the extra bench player.[/quote']

Didn't they get the extra bench player when the DFA'd Webb?

Game One is now complete and we have a roster move to make. Everything seems to point to Clevenger going down' date=' but I wonder if Gausman might go down to get regular starts and give Buck the extra bench player.[/quote']

Tommorrow: Davis activated; Clevenger down

Saturday: Lough activated: _________ down or DFA'd or traded

I have heard June for Wieters. But that was just talk. No one knows.

Archived