vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/10 (Home Opener)

OFFNY

You think someone who just paid $70 to watch the guy implode shouldn't let him know it was a terrible effort? This argument can go on all day.

The argument was that Brach needs more motivation. Fan venting is another argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dickey and Buehrle may end up the 4 and 5 when all is said and done.

My opinion hasn't changed -- this is the team that will challenge for the division title with the Orioles, and it has little to do with Dickey and Buehrle. I thought Stroman was going to be their #1.

Today's been an unlucky day, in addition to having a horrible start by Bud. Lots of Blue Jays balls hit a foot or two fair; lots of Orioles balls finding the wrong spot. I just want to see the team compete for nine innings now.

Hopefully it angers him. Hopefully it gets under his skin. Hopefully it fuels some fire inside that has remained unlit through a pathetic spring. He is not finding the proper motivation.

You want to give him a hug? You want to make him feel better by giving him the silent treatment? Perhaps you can let him know that you are the ultimate non-bandwagoner and cheer him and his 8 runs.

I'm sure he has already heard plenty from his coaches, now he needs to hear it directly from the fan base. He's running out of orange options, he needs to figure it out.

Bud Norris is in his 7th year as a major league starting pitcher.

He has had a lot of good games, a lot of bad games, and a lot of average games.

He won't pitch well or pitch badly depending on whether or not his fire is fueled by the fans booing.

If he has it on that day, he will pitch well. If he doesn't, then he won't.

Yikes man, he won 16 games last year. He stunk today. He knows it. It's not a lack of effort or motivation. It was a lack of command. Not sure booing or standing ovations matter.

For some reason I thought this particular discussion was about Brach. Norris has a ton of job security and a long lonnnnggg leash as an mlb starting pitcher.

For some reason I thought this particular discussion was about Brach. Norris has a ton of job security and a long lonnnnggg leash as an mlb starting pitcher.

I'm pretty sure it was about Norris because he was boo'd by some.

o

9 OUTS: 4 Groundouts, 4 Flyouts, 1 Strikeout

DAVID STEFAN "BUD" NORRIS o(FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:. 3 -PLUS

H:o 7 (4 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:O 8

BB: 1 *

SO: 1

Pitches: 66 (45 Strikes, 21 Balls)

2015 ERA: 24.00

* Norris also had 1 Hit Batsman.

PITCHES BY INNINGS

36 (24 Strikes, 12 Balls)

10 (61 Strikes, 41 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 31 Balls)

81 (61 Strikes, 21 Balls) **

** Norris did not record any outs before departing in the 4th inning.

Sort of feels like we're watching any arbitrary Os game from the '98-'11 seasons. Losing, during those years was sort of our past time, and this game should be taken as a little refresher/reminder of how good we've had it the last few seasons! We can't win em all... This season, will be a good one:thumbsup1:, just not a particularity good home opener.

Bud Norris is in his 7th year as a major league starting pitcher.

He has had a lot of good games, a lot of bad games, and a lot of average games.

He won't pitch well or pitch badly depending on whether or not his fire is fueled by the fans booing.

If he has it on that day, he will pitch well. If he doesn't, then he won't.

Well said :thumbsup1:

Archived