Kiley McDaniel on Jason Garcia

weams

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 2 options the O's have.

1. Keep Garcia. Have no flexibility in the pen other than optioning Gausman.

2. DFA Garcia and be able to rotate through all the pitchers in the minors with options.

Is he really that special? It's not like the cupboard is bare in the system. Guys like Wright,Wilson,Drake,Givens,Kline all are just as talented, and have options. It's not like getting rid of him means that he goes back to the Red Sox. He still has to clear every team in baseball. Someone else would probably claim him so we still get to stick it to the Sox in the long run.

There are 2 options the O's have.

1. Keep Garcia. Have no flexibility in the pen other than optioning Gausman.

2. DFA Garcia and be able to rotate through all the pitchers in the minors with options.

Is he really that special? It's not like the cupboard is bare in the system. Guys like Wright,Wilson,Drake,Givens,Kline all are just as talented, and have options. It's not like getting rid of him means that he goes back to the Red Sox. He still has to clear every team in baseball. Someone else would probably claim him so we still get to stick it to the Sox in the long run.

You still have to worry about if they are on the 40 man. Of course jettisoning Garcia would open up one spot on the 40.

You still have to worry about if they are on the 40 man. Of course jettisoning Garcia would open up one spot on the 40.

No really? They have to be on the 40 man? Oh I don't even know what that is. Is that like a Practice Squad in the NFL? The funny thing is that other than Givens and Kline the guys that I mentioned are on the 40 man. Let's face it, I'm never getting that darn Bird. So let the neg repping begin. You sir get the lamest post of the day award.

No really? They have to be on the 40 man? Oh I don't even know what that is. Is that like a Practice Squad in the NFL? The funny thing is that other than Givens and Kline the guys that I mentioned are on the 40 man. Let's face it, I'm never getting that darn Bird. So let the neg repping begin. You sir get the lamest post of the day award.

Nope, pretty sure this post takes the lamest post of the day.

So 40% of the guys you mention as bullpen options are not on the 40 man roster but I have the problem because I bothered to point it out. I wasn't even rude in the matter in which I pointed it out.

Then you also feel a need to complain about neg rep and a bird.

Bit of an over-reaction maybe?

So 40% of the guys you mention as bullpen options are not on the 40 man roster but I have the problem because I bothered to point it out. I wasn't even rude in the matter in which I pointed it out.

Then you also feel a need to complain about neg rep and a bird.

Bit of an over-reaction maybe?

I didn't say you were rude I just said your post was lame.

What has he got that Mike Wright, Oliver Drake, Branden Kline, Parker Bridwell, and Mychal Givens don't have? Unless he's throwing 96-100, the answer is nothing, except options. Plus those guys have the experience he doesn't have.

I respect your opinion greatly. I don't disagree but I think it is way too early to cut bait. A few more outings and/or Buck is handcuffed with him, then I agree.

What I find humorous about all this is all the talk of "Rule 5: yeah we are going to milk that for every drop" or something like that, it might turn out they get nobody.

Archived